The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
taclem

Lowering Springs

I have seen advertisements for lowering springs for the front of my 66 short step. Does anyone know anything about these? Do they alter the spring rate greatly, do they cause the same bouncy ride as heated or cut springs? Are they worth the money? Anyone have any experience with them.
Thanks in advance, Taclem
taclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Lowering Springs

I don't have any personal experience with them, but they are far better than heated or cut springs IMO. There shouldn't be any bouncing or harsh ride with them. There are lots of people here that use lowering springs. I'm sure some will chime in here.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
sshockr

Re: Lowering Springs

I run lowering springs on my other ride. Heating removes the strength which is bad and cutting just makes them shorter. If you get a good brand of lowering springs you can get things like progressive rates and higher spring rates to reduce the likely hood of bottoming out while keeping the ride quality closer to the original springs. Or if you're me stiffer than original to improve cornering.
sshockr is offline   Reply With Quote