The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Kaysenmc

Any interest in a longbed stepside?

I just got in a 73 lbss that I will be parting out.. I know that they are fairly uncommon, but rare and desirable are two totally different things. What would this thing be worth? I know I can throw it on the next load and get 140 a ton... I really just want the front clip and rear sport bumper anything else will be up for grabs, and yes I will post pictures. just gotta wait til sunday.

Oh, and the bed is in decent shape. It needs a new floor, but still has all the strips. Also needs to have some small dings hammered back flat, but the tailgate is in really good shape. Ill try to get pictures up asap
Kaysenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: Any interest in a longbed stepside?

wrong forum
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
JohnC

I could see this being in this forum for a while, but it may also be good in the parts area.

They are rare, but like you said may not be that desirable. However, I would love to see it saved, not crushed.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
Pyrotechnic

Worst case scenario, save the bed. This is gonna be a matter of finding the right buyer. I've seen a few nice longbed stepsides, so there are people out there that like them.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #5
Tex_50613
Redneck Customs Bumpers, IA

I have to agree with the keeping it for a while, and if you wern't so far away I may have been interested in it being as I'm gonna steel the fenders off a spair SBSS box I have out back to build a 7' box for my 83 LWB when I bob the fraim behind the rear spring hangers and it'd just be easer to shorten the rear of a LBSS box than build a whole new box from scratch
Tex_50613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
TwoFiftyShifter

Nothing about it in particular is rare, the box is the same from 1964-1987, and then fenders are the same, either short bed or long bed 73-87. The truck as a whole is uncommon, though.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Im moving this to the correct forum, and if you werent so dang far away id pick one up for a few hundred

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
BGRAFX
Account Suspended

i'm interested. always liked them.
BGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
highschoolbuilder

if i could see a photo of the bed? and where are you located?
highschoolbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFiftyShifter View Post
Nothing about it in particular is rare, the box is the same from 1964-1987, and then fenders are the same, either short bed or long bed 73-87. The truck as a whole is uncommon, though.
These are not the same from 64-87.They are the same from`55-2nd design thru`66,67-72,and`73-87.The are very similar,but the steps and front stancions are different,as well as the fender mounting surface/bolt pattern.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #11
highschoolbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
These are not the same from 64-87.They are the same from`55-2nd design thru`66,67-72,and`73-87.The are very similar,but the steps and front stancions are different,as well as the fender mounting surface/bolt pattern.
ehhhhhh. so say i have a 64 long bed fleet side, would i be able to make it work, i can weld, and who cant cut? haha
and on that note would it even look good?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Yes,you can make it work.They are the same,but for two differences.And,BTW,in all these years from 55-87 the longbed is the exception and we just don`t see that many.The differences are in the fenders and steps.Because the fenders are different the bolting pattern area is different.It`s flat steel and all it will take is filling & making holes...basically.Due to the running boards being different the front stantions are shorter at the bottom.The steps have a contour that slopes up into them.You are probably having as hard a time envisioning as I am w/o looking at it.Basically,that piece needs extended.It`s just a boxed piece of sheetmetal.The edges are rounded,not just broke at a sharp 90.I`d cut some from a donor.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
bushytlb

Ha I want to know I' considering putting a stepside on my 1969 c10, it would need to be a long bed. So please let me know where this conversation is ending. bushy
bushytlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
highschoolbuilder

if you live anywhere near rapid city, sd. i know of 2 long bed step sides. both from 65's i think. you COULD make them fit.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
bushytlb

highschoolbuilder; good looking out. thanks though I'm on the other side of the great lakes from you. I looked at a map and that is some road trip. want to do it some time though can't do it now. snap a shot if you can and post always interested in looking. what does a long stepside bed go for. you know just the bed. thanks bushy
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #16
bushytlb

Old Rusty C10; Do you have any leads on long stepside beds? Would appreciate some help. I live in northern new york, no not westchester almost to O Canada. Though a sight closer than South Dakota. bushy
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #17
highschoolbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushytlb View Post
highschoolbuilder; good looking out. thanks though I'm on the other side of the great lakes from you. I looked at a map and that is some road trip. want to do it some time though can't do it now. snap a shot if you can and post always interested in looking. what does a long stepside bed go for. you know just the bed. thanks bushy
no problem, we are all in this losing money together! haha im going up there this weekend on a ski trip, if i have the time to i will make sure i snap a photo or two, if not it might be a few months until i can.