The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
memphismade.l.a.w

Exclamation wanted: truck 67-72

ok im 16 and looking for an older truck as my first car ive been saving my money up for a long time and so far have came up with 1100 dollars and im having no luck finding a 4x4 or 2wd truck near memphis tn i would like a 4x4 more i know this is not a whole lot of money but jobs are hard to find now and im 16 so there even harder

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by oldiron; 02-16-2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: WTB non-subscriber
memphismade.l.a.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #2
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Re: wanted: truck 67-72

we really need to keep away from this being a wtb post, but I have sympathy for a 16 year old looking for his first rig.

have you tried Craiglist? Better yet, go to:

http://www.searchtempest.com/

this is a Craiglist "helper" that will search your area and beyond.

you should be able to find something for that money out there. it may not be pretty, but it will run.

good luck.

btw, have you looked over on the "trucks for sale" section of the board? there a few trucks over there in you immediate price range.

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by tcb-1; 02-13-2010 at 02:18 AM.
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
memphismade.l.a.w

thanks i did find a coupke and have been trying craigslist but not to much of luck of a 4x4 and most are lwb with a straight 6
memphismade.l.a.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

a 4x4 for that money will be hard to find.

remember, you could always pick up a 6 cylinder 2wd truck and drop a small block in it when funds allow. an engine and frame swaps on these trucks are very simple!

just food for thought.

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:53 AM   #5
amcgeh01

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphismade.l.a.w View Post
thanks i did find a coupke and have been trying craigslist but not to much of luck of a 4x4 and most are lwb with a straight 6
Hey, Try driving around not only your neighborhood but other ones as well and look for trucks parked on the street with "For Sale" signs.. I found my first car that way.. I eventually talked it over with the owner and we worked out a payment plan but only if my parents signed off on it.. They did and he was good with that and I eventually paid it off 6 months later.. Think outside the box.. It's necessary sometimes... LOL...