The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
Loganbpilger

Interior Question.

I have a '80 silverado and the bench seat is killing me these days and causing back problems. Is there a way to to install a new bench with center flip down console from say a 2000 reg cab chevy in to my 80?
Has anyone done this? I did see a red 85 c10 on cardomain which seemed to have done it. need some help or suggestions. I have looked at the aftermarket and the are not that comfortable to me and no lumbar support.

Thanks
Loganbpilger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Interior Question.

you would have to fabricate the mounting brackets but you can make any full size seat fit in there just about... many have done this. You can try searching this to see some examples or maybe others will post theirs

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
AceX
>130dB Moderator

I know a guy who put a 60/40 from like a 2000 tahoe I think in an '87. They look quite a bit bigger than the stock bench.

Might I suggest something with an adjustable back. I think that might help a bit more than additional padding...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
Loganbpilger

well here is a pic of the seats that i found on that 85 c10.

I don't know if they are after market but something like this would be nice, saw a really nice 60/40 with console in a 99 or 2000 silverado and the scrap yard in charcoal grey just didn't have time to measure the width. I should probably state that I'm doing the full suspension, not lowering just beefing up.

Thanks for the advice so far and i am currently hunting down ideas in the form now.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Oldschool82
Balls to the wall!

Now I love these seats...but man it sucks though. Every time I see a set like these that I like. The owner of them doesn't now were they came from originally. I will never have these seats if I don't know were to look for them. AAAHHHHHHhhh! lol. Does anyone know what these seats are out of or were I could get a set just like these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbpilger View Post
well here is a pic of the seats that i found on that 85 c10.

I don't know if they are after market but something like this would be nice, saw a really nice 60/40 with console in a 99 or 2000 silverado and the scrap yard in charcoal grey just didn't have time to measure the width. I should probably state that I'm doing the full suspension, not lowering just beefing up.

Thanks for the advice so far and i am currently hunting down ideas in the form now.
Oldschool82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
Loganbpilger

Quote:
Now I love these seats...but man it sucks though. Every time I see a set like these that I like. The owner of them doesn't now were they came from originally. I will never have these seats if I don't know were to look for them. AAAHHHHHHhhh! lol. Does anyone know what these seats are out of or were I could get a set just like these?

Thats what I'm trying to figure out or track down! and so far have sent an e-mail to the guy who has these in his truck, I might just drive to where he is at and track him down.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
britnjc

I am about 99% sure those are aftermarket seats. I had a set that i put im my old 89 lwb to replace the bench seat. They are very similiar style and the armrest looks identical. I got mine online, i think i just done a google search for aftermarket seats for trucks and ordered from a reputable company. I really liked mine, while I had them.
britnjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
mitch1965

The seat in my '85 was literally falling apart, so I installed the 60/40 from a 97 silverado. I used the '85 slide adjustment, and fabricated an adapter frame under the 2 parts of the seat. Kind of a pain to get the position right, but it was well worth it. Depending on how tall you are, I suggest setting the adapter frame so that when the slide adjustment is all the way back, the seat back is vertical just off the back wall. I originally did not do this, and needed just a bit more legroom.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #9
Loganbpilger

Thanks Mitch, I like that idea and myself but knowing that it's possible just to make an adapter to match up the frames sounds great. By the way I'm 6'7" and do need the leg room and even a bit higher of a seat.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
Oldschool82
Balls to the wall!

Quote:
Thanks Mitch, I like that idea and myself but knowing that it's possible just to make an adapter to match up the frames sounds great. By the way I'm 6'7" and do need the leg room and even a bit higher of a seat.
Hey ,if you don't mind.If you find out were to get these seats let me know. It would be much appreciated. I feel for you guys on the leg room. I am 5'8"...lol...I'll have enough leg room anyway I go..FINALLY,being short will work to my advantage ...lol
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 AM   #11
knightowl73
TUKE-NoBullChit Customs owner

here ya go. they are in houston, they have alot of them. i think a website too.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1570263338.html
knightowl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
Oldschool82
Balls to the wall!

Unhappy Re: Interior Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightowl73 View Post
here ya go. they are in houston, they have alot of them. i think a website too.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1570263338.html
Thanks ,but when I went to the link, it said
" This posting has expired.
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)"
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
Loganbpilger

I got the same thing as oldschool when i clicked on it and then spent 20 minutes trying to find something on their similar.

On a side note I found the site called suburbanseats.com and looking through the three pages of seats they offer, to me they look like cheap quality from the pictures and for $1200 I want all options because if I go through them it will cost me close to $4000 by the time it gets to me.

Anyone else find anything?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #14
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
I have a '80 silverado and the bench seat is killing me these days and causing back problems. Is there a way to to install a new bench with center flip down console from say a 2000 reg cab chevy in to my 80?
Has anyone done this? I did see a red 85 c10 on cardomain which seemed to have done it. need some help or suggestions. I have looked at the aftermarket and the are not that comfortable to me and no lumbar support.

Thanks
Didn't OJOE do this in his crew cab? Check this thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=272118

If that's what you're wanting to do he can probably help.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
Loganbpilger

Thanks BRUISER, I took a Look at Ojoe made an adapter bracket, same thing Mitch did I believe and I'm starting to realise now, after looking at other peoples builds that you can have any seat you want really. I am now just trying to do some measurements and calling a couple of buddies to see What i can fit in their.

I will still hunt and search for those black ones though They do look really nice. Now if my old man would give me his seats out of his 2005 dodge ram I would be happy as hell But I can only dream.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
knightowl73
TUKE-NoBullChit Customs owner

http://arturostruckseats.net/

didnt know if i could do it without getting in trouble but this is the place. they do custom truck seats too.
knightowl73 is offline   Reply With Quote