The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
HumbleChevyBuddy

20's with 22's pics wanted

I'm new here and just got an '80 C10 project step-side. I'm currently working on getting the L6 replaced with a decent 350 donor right now at my uncle's shop. I just ordered 3" spindles for the front with a flip kit out back that I'm going to slap on this weekend. I'm planning on running 20's with 22's out back and wanted to see if anyone had any pics to share, along with wheel & tire specs (width, backspacing, tire size, etc). I'd appreciate any pics that can be posted!
HumbleChevyBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: 20's with 22's pics wanted

you'd probably get a better response posting this in the 73-87 discussion part of the forum...you could probably get a moderator to move the thread for ya...
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum HumbleChevyBuddy. I moved you out of the suspension forum. You know the unwritten rule is you can't post a request for pics unless you post pics first...

If you search using 20 22's you get results like this- LINK

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-25-2010 at 09:21 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
HumbleChevyBuddy

Thanks for getting this moved to the right area for me and setting me straight. I tell ya, those greenhorn's are something else, huh? Anyhow, here are some pics of my project truck:
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
HumbleChevyBuddy

Also, here's what I'm going after...more or less. I'm looking to do a two tone paint (black on top, silver on the bottom, with a red pin striping), but it made it easier to just do it in black right now. The body is in great shape. No rust on the body except for some small parts on the driver floor pan. As I mentioned, I'm getting a better running engine in it right now and will increase it's performance later (probably even convert it into a 383). The lowering kit comes in today. I know I'm going to go lower after I get the right wheels, but I'm just psyched to get started on it! I'm going to order the roll pan today, too. I also just got the hidden arms and latches for the bed, so I'll try to get those put in soon too.

Does anyone know what kind of gas tank I can use to put in the back? I'm doing away with the two side tanks and just want a single at the back of the bed. Or do I have to go with a custom aluminum one?
Attached Images