The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
junkman

shortening a wood floor bed

Fixing to start on cutting down a wood floor bed. I have found plenty of information on here for cutting down a steel floor beds to swb, but only 1 with some pics of doing a wood floor. I am thinking I can cut the sides, while bolted to the floor, although it might get kinda iffy right were it meets the floor. Once the sides are cut, then just cut 12" off the front of the floor, 8" off the rear. I havn't really studied where the cross embers are going to fall though. Is there a type of circular saw blade that would be fine to cut though the wood, and the rails so I could just cut it straight across? Thanks for any help.
junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
pat 70/71

Re: shortening a wood floor bed

Junkman, I would remove the wood then get all the numbers / work out a plan to cut the bed metal to the size it needs to be then, you can cut the wood from the final bed size. use a miter saw not a table saw. (safer) cut one at a time good luck, Pat
pat 70/71 is offline   Reply With Quote