The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2003, 11:41 AM   #1
GREEN70-72

No Limit Vs Blazer Tank

OK GUYS WITH RELOCATED TANKS, I NEED SOME INFO PLEASE. WHICH OF THE TWO IS THE MORE DISIRED? HOW LOW DO THEY BOTH HANG? ASIDE FROM COST WHAT DO YOU ALL RECOMMEND? IS THE NO LIMIT TANK WORTH 500 AS APPOSED TO 230 FOR A STEEL BLAZER TANK?
THANKS
CHIRS
GREEN70-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:53 PM   #2
Tim Christian

I sell Blazer tanks but to be honest I don't like the way they hang down so on my personal truck that I am building I put the No-Limit tank on it.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:36 PM   #3
1971short4X4

I've installed both...

My opinion is the blazer tank is a piece of ****.

We put one in my friends truck. Let's see a)the thing doesn't fit right between the frame rails so when you tighten the straps it wants to move to the one side, to fix this we had to cut some 2X4's down to wedge the tank into place so when you tighten it would not move.. b)Next the filer hole in the tank is too small. so you can't put gas in it quickly. (the problem wasn't venting) we the other opening on the tank used as vents. c) the tank was starting to sag in (almost like the it was compressing as the gas used was replaced by air-- but this was not the case)

After we installed his tank, i decided to put a no limit tank in my truck. 1968 swb. (none of the above problems and the thing works perfectly). and looiks sweet!

After seeing this my friend has now taken the blazer tank out and put in a no limit tank... and now he is happy.

All is not perfect with no limit, I can also tell you from first hand experience the no limit tanks take way to long to get. (they build each one on demand) so you have to wait six weeks.

The no limit people tell you to use a vdo sending unit. Don't!! The VDO unit looks superb, but they do not go down to zero ohms when they are at full throw (ie when the tank would be empty) i have found that even though they are supposed to be 0-90 ohms they are really 5 or 6 ohms to 94 ohms. (i called vdo us about this and checked 5 senders... no help) What this means is that your tank will say 1/8 to 1/16 full when it is really empty. It will never show completely empty.

The solution i used is to get a lessor know and not as good looking sender from classic instruments (no name company) but brothers sells them. These senders actually send from 0 ohms at empty to 90 ohms when full and you then get a correct guage reading. imagine that!

I am sure a bunch of people with blazer tanks will say that their is fine... so you do what's right for you. By the way I have a steel blazer tank in my 1971 short 4x4 and it is perfect as well. But it cosmetically looks like something you;'d stuff under a 4x4 not a sweet street truck
1971short4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #4
HotRod929

Anyone know the website for the No Limit gas tanks? Thanks

HotRod
Dana 60 w/ 4.10 gears AND Powr-Loc POSI
New Additions:
Summit Headers
135amp alternator
Proform HEI
Edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb
Sunpro Tach
Powr-Loc POSI
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
MSD 6A Ignition Box

AIM: HotRod929

Visit My Site: http://1970chevy.netfirms.com/
HotRod929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:08 PM   #5
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

http://www.Nolimit.net is what is on my catalog but the address is not working. I checked on google and it is not working there either. Server must be down or something.

Last edited by Church; 02-04-2003 at 09:11 PM.
Church is offline   Reply With Quote