The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

What did you get done 3/14/10 Pi day/ st pattys day edition

this week i tried ordering parts for my S10 from a non site ebay vendor and it came in wrong ( he is rectifying it tho) so other than buying s new set of craftsman brand torx head sockets i havent done a thing truck related,
Last night me and the mrs were suppooused to go out to an Irish Pub where they were featuring Celtic Dancers and an Irish band to celebrate St Pattys day but due to the fact that every third tree in NJ decided to come down along with half the NJ power lines we never made it.

We also changed our clocks ahead an hour and the batteries in our smoke detectors and CO2 detectors...
How about you all??

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Colesnsty68

Re: What did you get done 3/14/10 Pi day/ st pattys day edition

Bought myself a 73 $80 dollar dog house!

"And i still like bologna on white bread now and then" -Alan Jackson
Colesnsty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
pcmcobra

Nothing truck related, still waiting on my truck.
I did take my boy down to the bmx track in Ft. Walton for the first time. The owner let him borrow one of his kids minis, it was awesome, he let me borrow his cruiser, and it was total nostalgia. I have not been on a track in over 25 years and it just about killed me, but I had to show off my tabletop skillz for my kids, lol, then sit down and rest for 20 minutes between laps...My boy LOVED it, so I told him I would take him back(we did not race today just went to practice before races), and if he still digs it dad would get him a race bike(and me too) and go at it. My wife thinks I am nuts but it was a good day! I had to get use to the cruiser...not sure if I like at as well as regular size, a little harder to do trick jumps, maybe thats good so I wont kill myself?

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

nothing truck related but did get my Galant towed out to my work as it broke down, fuel pump is dead AGAIN also sold it off as i didnt need it and the cool thing is its going to restored just got install a new fuel pump so he can drive it home part of the deal

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Finally got started on the vinyl siding for my garage. The first setback involved waiting on the addition to be completed. Problem number 2 came when I found out the siding (that would match the house) had been discontinued. Found some that is within 99.9% of matching so the back, front, and left side are done.

Met with a concrete contractor, getting ready to have 18 yards of concrete poured. Driveway to the garage and a 3 car pad in front of the garage. I'm stoked!

Checked the oil in the Heap, that was the extent of my "truck" stuff this weekend.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
cochino12
It followed me home?

Gerald (Driveway Dreams) and I got a little closer to getting the blazer ready for paint Friday

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=390953&page=2

and waited all weekend with no word on two different donor suburbans for the crew cab that I put offers on. Both are what I would consider WAY underpriced. If they dont work out I guess I'll just get the Blazer done a little sooner
Attached Images

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
mongoose

truck related... tore all the unneeded things from the blazer, tore down my motor ready to be sent in for some machining... and machined my heads.... about .540" on a set of vortecs.... that can be done with a grinder.... not that bad =/

not too busy... damn wet weather.
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
bluex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colesnsty68 View Post
Bought myself a 73 $80 dollar dog house!
Dang I came on here to share my CL score and you got a better deal!

Picked up a 76 front clip minus a hood yesterday. It is going on the K5 when (or if? ) it starts going back together.

Got the wife a dodge van saturday too. 3 kids and us in the regular trailblazer werent going to work. The oldest two still need the booster seats. Spent about 2 hrs that evening at the hospital thinking the baby might come. He/she didnt (we decided to be surprised with this one) but should be here sometime this week.
Attached Images

bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
bigblock73
yeller

I watched my wife deliver twin boys, eight weeks early today. Evan and Jacob are their names. Even has to go to a different hospital for add'l care. Please wish the little guys luck. They are both adorable and doing very well considering.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

^^^ Awesome Congratulations.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #11
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
I watched my wife deliver twin boys, eight weeks early today. Evan and Jacob are their names. Even has to go to a different hospital for add'l care. Please wish the little guys luck. They are both adorable and doing very well considering.
Congratulations!

No doubt, the entire board/forum will be pulling and praying for the little guys! ....and their awesome parents!

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

jeff congrats on the twins!!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #13
Colesnsty68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
Dang I came on here to share my CL score and you got a better deal!

Picked up a 76 front clip minus a hood yesterday. It is going on the K5 when (or if? ) it starts going back together.

Got the wife a dodge van saturday too. 3 kids and us in the regular trailblazer werent going to work. The oldest two still need the booster seats. Spent about 2 hrs that evening at the hospital thinking the baby might come. He/she didnt (we decided to be surprised with this one) but should be here sometime this week.
Haha, sorry didnt mean to steal your thunder but this guy was parting out this burban and was like ya ill give it to you for 100 bucks, a day later, 80? YUP! haha, and i got the hood with it too! along with grille and such. sorry dont mean to rub it in.

"And i still like bologna on white bread now and then" -Alan Jackson
Colesnsty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
cochino12
It followed me home?

Quote:
congratulations Jeff, I'm sure everything will be fine. Now get some sleep

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
oldschool18

yeah jeff get some sleep cause i think over the next 15 to 20 years you might be missing out on alot of sleep.....but i'm sure everything will be fine and were all pulling for you.................truck related got the bed cut and buffed and the inside of the bed painted, tomorrow hope to get my pipes made and mufflers put on
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Quote:
Congrats, Jeff. Better get sleep while you can. I can only imagine how it is going to be with two babies! Is Mom OK too?

I actually had a pretty productive weekend. I sold the wheels back to Dave (that I bought the truck from), and have it on a set of black steelies and whitewalls. it sounds goofy, but my truck almost has a 60's push truck look that way. I like it, but probably not enough to leave it. I ordered my drop components earlier this week, and rounded up a set of 15x7 and 15x8 rally wheels for the time being. Getting them painted and tires mounted hopefully tomorrow. The rally wheels will work until I get around (to ponying up the coin)to getting a set of Ansen Sprints for it. I also pulled the dash apart, cleaned it all, and put everything back together. Everything seems to work, so that is a good sign.

Today we tore down an old shed at my mother in law's house, and put up a swing and playhouse fro my daughter and niece over there. They absolutely loved it!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #17
bigblock73
yeller

Thanks fellas. These are number 2 and 3 for us, we have a 2.5 year old girl already. Mom is doing fantastic. Yes, sleep will be hard to come by in 3-4 weeks.

I did get something truck related done before all hell broke loose. I began fiberglassing my dash pad for Yeller. Pics to come when I get home.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #18
spankbomb

Went to the Coast and am waiting on suspension parts from SD, Ruffstuff and new to me Shockwaves from eBay. Also waiting on a new set of dimple dies. Everyone is out of stock on the stuff I ordered...

Had my Miller Maxstar 140 in for service. Mainboard is fried and Miller wants $560 just for the part. Looks like I'll have to MIG everything instead of TIG like I had hoped. I may save up my pennies for a Diversion 165 instead.

Later,
Jon D.
spankbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #19
flamingbig10
6.0 powered square

went to couple car shows and fished my gauges for now first time I drove my truck in month and talked more on the 5.3 ls while the motors out new inner fenders re do the fire wall and shave the radiator support but first need the motor though
flamingbig10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #20
f.monroe

Congrats on the arrival of the twins Jeff! Hope everything goes well.

I intended to attend the show in Cedar Park that was posted on here but work had other plans thanks to Valero and their credit card issues. I didnt woirk on my truck but did do a power steering hose and U-joints on my dads Z-71. Worked around the house today and worked on the shrubs and yard. Watched my boys ride the heck out of the four wheelers after they blew the rear tire out on the Yamaha TTr 125 I recently bought them .
Frank
Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #21
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

Congratulations Jeff!
'85 Chev C10 Short Wide - Super plain Vortec 4.8 4L60E trans
also: '81 K30, '83 C30 Crew Dually, '84 M1028 CUCV, '85 M1009 CUCV, another '85 C10 SWB, '89 R3500 Flatbed
ElGracho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #22
manimal

Quote:
CONGRATS!
And best of wishes and prayers for your family.
-Lance
1999 Suburban K2500, 7.4, 4L80e
1980 Camaro..son's car...PROJECT
manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
Gemp

Quote:
Congrats & Good luck......

I did a little done truck wise, I finally got my 76' Jimmy project in the shop to get it ready to go this summer. I also had replace a trans line on the Burban.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #24
GMC91
Always trouble

I sold my 98 firebird and brought me a 76 chevy
Old 03-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #25
RuralRoute C-30

Congrats Jeff to you and yours on the twins!

An odd week on the 85 C-30 truck rehab but progress was made.

New front and rear seals, timing chain, gaskets and all that stopped the oil leaks. Installed some new e-bay oem clearance lenses to replace the old weathered and cracked ones and thanks to the for sale forum and a member here, front bumper guards installed.

Add to cleaning out a very old mouse nest from the dash discovered behind the gauge bezel and learning how to successfully remove the gauge cluster today all originating from an oil gauge problem ...not a bad week! A work in progress!

Mark

"Reality is just a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol."

Last edited by RuralRoute C-30; 03-14-2010 at 11:34 PM.
RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote