The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
johnnyb1216

help with new spidles

just scored some brand new 2 1/2 in drop spidles off craigslist. got them for $100 never been installed (still had the plastic caps on the treads). anyway my question is what year truck rotors and calipers do i get for these? they are from lmc they were for a 67 but when i called lmc they said it was the same part no for my 65. i want to do a front disc conversion at least until i can save enough to do the rears. hate to not be driving it just because if i cant drive im afraid ill lose interest. havin fun with my project thanks for any help
john
johnnyb1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Chevy Fleetside

Re: help with new spidles

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb1216 View Post
just scored some brand new 2 1/2 in drop spidles off craigslist. got them for $100 never been installed (still had the plastic caps on the treads). anyway my question is what year truck rotors and calipers do i get for these? they are from lmc they were for a 67 but when i called lmc they said it was the same part no for my 65. i want to do a front disc conversion at least until i can save enough to do the rears. hate to not be driving it just because if i cant drive im afraid ill lose interest. havin fun with my project thanks for any help
john
Are the spindles for disc brake set up? if not you really can't use them for that. If they are I am sure 71 and up parts will fit on them. Just take them to the parts store with you and try the parts on there so you will know. If you can get a picture of them for us we can probably tell you more.

John

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Did you ask LMC which rotors and calipers fit their spindles? If they're for disc's then '71-'87 1 1/4" rotors and the same calipers should fit. I would contact LMC to be sure though.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
johnnyb1216

thanks for the help im sure they are for the disk set up but i will call them thanks again for the help
johnnyb1216 is offline   Reply With Quote