The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
cochino12
It followed me home?

Changing my bag setup, can anyone help?

So I recently bought a suburban from a guy that had a bag f/r setup on it. I would like to change a few things and still keep it as simple as possible. Right now the compressor and valves are mounted on the front inner fender and I want to move them to the rear frame rail somewhere and upgrade the compressor, tank.
My questions are:

1. Do these look like push to fit fittings? (sorry, only picture I have and the burb isnt here right not) is so, to move all of this to the back of the truck, all I need is more 1/2 line right?

2. I'm looking at a 5 gal tank and a viar 480 compressor, will that be enough compressor, tank? assuming that I dont want to air up/down constantly

3. How many port tank do I need?

4. am I missing or forgetting about anything?
Attached Images

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually

Last edited by cochino12; 03-25-2010 at 01:48 PM.
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Changing my bag setup, can anyone help?

Lets start with the system. If you only have 2 valves, your going to want more to prevent side to side air transfer. It's bad on a truck, so I would assume it would be terrible on a Burb. Look below at the diagrams from the SD site to get a better understanding.

As far as tank size goes a single 5 gallon will work. If you can fit two 3 gallon tanks back there you will appreciate the extra capacity.

Most of the pro's seem to prefer the 380 over the 480, since it has a faster fill time. One is just fine, but the two packs are pretty cheap. You might consider that option to have a spare in case one ever dies.

[IMG]http://www.*****************/files/how_to/wire-diagrams/6valve.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*****************/files/how_to/wire-diagrams/8valve.gif[/IMG]

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
ShowSS12

Yes those are push to lock fittings, they are the numatik ones I sell and install so those are good quality
The compressor is a single thomas, I don't know what PSI it is but I would recommend at least 2 Viair 380's as those are 200psi compressors. Now as far as tanks I usually do a 5 gallon with 4-8 ports usually 4 on the front a 2 on either side with one on the bottom.

ON that particular set-up I would do atleast another set of valves for the front, 2 viar compressors, min of 5 gal tank and your gonna need more DOT line a few fittings and some electrical wire..
ShowSS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
tubbedII
needs more $$$

All top notch advise in the above 2 posts. If you think the system fills/dumps a little too fast (some think so with 1/2 line and valves), it'd be a good time to consider dropping the line size down to 3/8 since you're re-routing them anyways.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
michael bustamante

I tlooks like your dumps are 3/8 valves and the fills are 1/2 valves. I could be wrong though, does anyone see a problem in running 2 different size valves like that? I was going to do the same thing.
definatly get at least 2 more valves to eliminate the air transfer. I read that it sux on our trucks. if you do a search youll find my thread where I was asking about a 6 valve set up
Old 03-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
draggin86

hey just a heads up for the gauge line that you have ran off the extra tee if you want to cut down on some fittings you can drill and tap the a T and just tee the valves together and use a 1/8" push lock fitting cuts down a lot on places to leak or cause problems.
draggin86 is offline   Reply With Quote