The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
SRD art

Early 50's Delivery Truck...

Hey guys-

I do hot rod art and take a bunch of stuff to car shows to set up a vendor booth. Usually I unload my stuff and then put the car in the show while I'm there all day. I've been using my tricked out 79 Olds Cutlass Station wagon to haul it all but have outgrown it and bought a 77 Suburban to use instead. This fall I'm entering the colision repair / street rod building program at the local college and need a pre 60's project to work on. I was tooling around yesterday in a more rural part of our area and saw the coolest truck, rough and rusty but cool nonetheless tucked back in someone's yard. The house is up for sale and I plan on seeing if I can help them clean the yard up . It looks like a mini UPS truck with a Chevy early 50's front clip. From driving by it looks just like this Stude, only it has a folding side entrance door like a school bus and of course the Chevy front end. Something like this would make an awesome booth junk hauler and mobile art studio for cruise nights.

Can anybody tell me more about this or what it's officially called? I'd like to research it more before I go and ask if I can buy it. I Googled 1950's Chevy work van but I didn't come up with anything except for the Stude. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!

1977 C2500 'Burby w/454
1979 Olds Cutlass Pro Touring wagon "Pumkinator"
1985 GMC S15 Slammed Daily Driver & Autocrosser

Last edited by SRD art; 03-27-2010 at 10:12 AM.
SRD art is offline   Reply With Quote