The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
mantisman23

fenders

What brand of replacement fender and other body parts are you guys using. I got almost all of it from lmc. I got my full door skins from brothers cause lmc didn't offer them and they worked good. My front fenders are like they were not stamped just right got the hood on and they just don't match up along the side where the hood and fender meet up.
mantisman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
Sinister
Between Trucks...

Re: fenders

I have fenders from the Truck and Car Shop. They're from Counterpart.They fit fairly well. My drivers side fender is newer and some of the bolt holes didn't line up as well as the passenger side, but the body lines are good on both.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman23 View Post
What brand of replacement fender and other body parts are you guys using. I got almost all of it from lmc. I got my full door skins from brothers cause lmc didn't offer them and they worked good. My front fenders are like they were not stamped just right got the hood on and they just don't match up along the side where the hood and fender meet up.
mantisman23,
My Son and I have installed quite a few patch panels and have found that the Quality of the TriPlus panels have worked out the best for us. They seem to be the closest to the original panels with regards to fit that we have used. For my Money I wont use anything else. Good Luck with your project.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
mbgmike

There IS a problem with the hoods not fitting real well with the lines of the front fenders (at least on the 67-68 Hoods).I am speaking of TriPlus brand. The problem is if you line up the rear edge with the cowl and the side will look good until you get to the front edge. The crown at the front edge does not match the fenders and if you push the hood down where it hits the grille support it is too high and also too long in the front. We sell Triplus and we don't like it either. If its a daily driver and the fitment is really Ok with you then they will work. If its a show truck then the quality is not there yet. This is something they should fix. We do body work on these trucks to and it ticks us off as well. It seems to me the 69 to 72 fit a little better.

Also sometimes on the fenders you will have to work on the upper bolt mounts to get them to fit good. Not every truck we work on ,some of them fit ok with out the work
We will always speak the truth about the fitment of the aftermarket parts as we have a vested interest in it to.
Attached Images

Last edited by mbgmike; 03-28-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: add pic
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
mantisman23

mine looks just like mb's but just on the passenger side the drivers side looks great.
mantisman23 is offline   Reply With Quote