The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
HOGDADDY

Blue carpet

I received some carpet today but I think I got the wrong color.It is a light blue and its was the only blue listed so I assumed it was for my 86.

I believe it should look like Tony SS's in this thread cause my cab is same color (code 29 Midnight Blue I bought some ppg paint today too)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=BLUE+carpet

Do you guys think it will look bad being a light blue or should I return it and sawp for the dark blue?

Btw the seat is dark blue vinyl with a light blue velour.

I can take some pics later but I am leaning toward returning it and getting the dark blue.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 03-29-2010 at 10:21 PM.
HOGDADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
JMac11

Re: Blue carpet

Been trying to get my 84 Blue Scottsdale freshened up. It seems blue is every shade possible. I doubt anyone will notice.
JMac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Rogue_Sentinel

that up to you, it's your $$$
but me i would send it back for the darker blue
"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final."

Hunter S THompson
Rogue_Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
kelsfine69
18 Till I Die

How close is it to factory? do you have the old carpet to match it to? I can take pics of mine...its blue....BTW how much was the carpet? I have been thinking about replacing mine.
1987 Camaro Iroc 350 Tuned Port Injection
42000Km

1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI
1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI(yes 2)

Take me drunk, I'm too home...
kelsfine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

id send it back. I like the darker colors.. also if you needed carpet any not try our site vendors Capt Kaos is great for that kind of stuff

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
HOGDADDY

Well I sent it back but had to pay shipping. The guy at Classic Parts of America said that color is the ony one for my truck they have so I had to pay for a custom color (although dark blue carpet is stock color for a code29 truck) and it cost more too doh!

So if anyone needs a dark blue carpet for a 86 truck DO NOT order from them is all I have to say.

Fwiw I checked ACC's website and they indeed list 2 different blues for my 86 one light blue other dark blue.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 03-30-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
HOGDADDY

It looks like its gonna take about 2 weeks because they said its a special order they (Classic)) told me

I called ACC (anniston custom carpets) and they told me it takes 2 days to make it and there is a discount for ordering online so it would have cost me less had I ordered directly from manufacturer and I would have gotten it a lot sooner. They list all colors for this truck and dark blue is one of them.

The thing that gripes me is this should not be a special order no more than any other factory color. It seems they (Classic) have all colors but this one?? I would think its a popular color also cause I see lots blue trucks on the road.

I don't think I will be ordering from Classic Parts in the future (unless they are only ones with part I need) this is BS.

If ya need carpet order online from manufacturer there is a 20% discount for online orders.

Update: I was gonna call and cancel this order but supposedly acc has already shipped it to Classic so hopefully it wont take 2 weeks. I think its gonna cost me $180 while all the others are much cheaper. That is some expensive carpet.
Too bad they can't have it drop shipped as I am only about an hour away from ACC.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 03-31-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:11 AM   #8
HOGDADDY

OK I finally got the dark blue carpet in and it is a perfect match. The only bad thing is now according to Classic is I may have to wait up to 2 weeks on them crediting me on the returned carpet even though UPS says it was delivered on 4/1/10 back to Classic wtf?

On the cab swap I took care of the vin issues and if someone is interested you can pm me for details.

I also took the cracked windshield out and installed a new G.M. rubber gasket pn#471009 (and will install a G.M. chrome lock strip pn# 464471) and will get a new windshield installed monday hopefully.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 04-10-2010 at 02:12 AM.