The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Firebirdjones

Sedona trailride...

Just got back from a day long trail ride. Pics are from my wife new digital movie camera, so they are small and a bit fuzzy, still trying to figure that thing out. Doesn't seem to show the color well. It isn't doing the red rocks justice.

Anyway, had a ball. Beautiful scenery. Hiked to some indian ruins and just overall had a great time.

Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
OARNGESI

Re: Sedona trailride...

looks like fun is that far from slide rock
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Firebirdjones

You'll have to forgive me, I don't know where Slide Rock is.
I can tell you these trails are off of FR525 on your left side as you are heading north on 89A just before reaching the town of Sedona.
It goes back into the (Pataski???) Indian ruins. There are a ton of other trails that branch off, some require some driving skills. But the scenery makes it all worth while. We were all over the place back there yesterday.

I'm just not impressed with my wifes brand new and improved digital camera that is supposed to be the greatest thing. Pictures just aren't clear and crisp.
My 15 year old Olympus digital camera does 10 times better, but I forgot the darn thing
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
NEVERENOUGH

Very nice pictures and I have seen your blazer around I believe nice ride for sure.
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Firebirdjones

You probably have. My wife drives it everyday and works up in Chino.

I'm usually up there first Friday of the month for the McDonalds cruise. I've had various old muscle cars up there.
Actually getting one out today to head down to the Pavilions in Scottsdale.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
NEVERENOUGH

Does she work at the High School? If so that is the one I thought it was again very nice blazer. I like it alot just ask my wife she is probably tired of me pointing it out lol.
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Slippery Rock is just up Oak Creek from town.I`m reminising from this thread.I lived up in Mountainaire and rode the cattle drive up Shnebbly(sp?) Hill trail to up on the rim back in`81,I believe it was.The Blazer looks at home there and I`m glad you got to explore on foot a bit.That`s quite a place,for sure.Shame about the camera.I`ve only used the one I got about 4 years ago and it`s just point and click for good pictures.I haven`t even gotten technical with it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #8
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGH View Post
Does she work at the High School? If so that is the one I thought it was again very nice blazer. I like it alot just ask my wife she is probably tired of me pointing it out lol.
That's funny. Thanks for the kudos. It's a decent blazer but not what I would call super nice. Interior is the best part, because I just redid all of it But the truck itself was repainted about 15 years ago. It's what I would call a "quicky". They didn't do any of the jambs or under the hood, so that's still all original. I had to color sand and buff the whole thing and bring it back out to acceptable. Good enough for a driver. I'd eventually like to tear it all down and do it right.

Ya she works at the school. Just took that job a couple weeks ago as the new purchasing agent for the Chino school district. She is hoping to make a difference up there since Chino schools are struggling. You'll probably see her on TV from time to time, she's excited about that

Last edited by Firebirdjones; 04-04-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Slippery Rock is just up Oak Creek from town.I`m reminising from this thread.I lived up in Mountainaire and rode the cattle drive up Shnebbly(sp?) Hill trail to up on the rim back in`81,I believe it was.The Blazer looks at home there and I`m glad you got to explore on foot a bit.That`s quite a place,for sure.Shame about the camera.I`ve only used the one I got about 4 years ago and it`s just point and click for good pictures.I haven`t even gotten technical with it.
I understand. The old digital I have is just point and click, and it takes beautiful pics. I wouldn't know how to adjust anything anyway. So far this new camera she has stinks, but she'll figure it out. I'm sure it needs some adjusting. At least I hope so, because it was pretty expensive

I'll have to check out Slippery Rock then. I know where Oak Creek is on Rt. 79 just before getting into Sedona, so I should be able to find it.
I can explore all day non stop. My wife has to stop me from taking new trails I come accross
Honestly I just love to get out away from people, pack a lunch and take in the scenery.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:35 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

That`s what I loved about that area,limitless exploring.What variety,too.I could go down to Sedona and surrounding area for more deserty exploration,Oak Creek Canyon or a trail up the red rocks for the transition to the rim,Up on the rim was the ponderosa pine/live oak woods,alpine meadows,and lakes,then on up to the San Franciscan Peaks for real mountain exploration.Never a dull moment.
I bet that camera will knock your socks off once you figure that newfangled thang out.Nothing worse than experiencing a great time and thinking you brought home great pictures only to find they didn`t come out.At least you have pictures that just coulda been better.Those who have seen the area know they are a bit washed out/less dramatic.But,I know I`ve enjoyed them just the same and the rest don`t know what they lack.At least you didn`t snap`em off only to find no film in the camera or shots used up.Been there done that?I know I have.Now,that sucks!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote