The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
3rdgeneration

Air Bag It Suspension

I have been investigating Air Suspension systems and came across the Air Bag It company. I gave them a call and had a system priced for a 1987 GMC and the quote seemed very reasonable. However, after further reading about the company, I have not been reassured. I was curious if anyone had personal experience with their systems and was looking for some feedback. I am particularly looking at their traingulated 4 link in the rear and simple air spring system for the front.
3rdgeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Re: Air Bag It Suspension

I have moved this to "Suspension",These guys know air bags set ups
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Slmd92DIME

i think that is aim industries. i have ordered taillights fillers and some little things but never any suspension products. Not that their is anything wrong with it i just never have.

Petitioning *No Regrets* MD/WV
Slmd92DIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
LEEVON

go here instead: www.*****************

Last edited by LEEVON; 04-13-2010 at 09:23 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

I have no experience with air bag it, but I've heard the rumblings about them as well.

second Leevon with suicidedoors. they are sometimes a bit slow, but they know their stuff and are trustworthy.

my .02

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by tcb-1; 04-13-2010 at 09:40 PM.
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #6
3rdgeneration

Powerdriver1948: thank you for moving my question to a more appropriate forum. I would really like somone who has used Air Bag It's suspension products to chime in. I have reviewed ***************** website and did not find a complete kit. I want to buy everything at once and not piece it together. I have found in the past that piece by piece sometimes leads to compromise and almost always causes duplicating the same process.

Also, when looking at *****************, their 4 link kits page simply gives links to ART and KP and one other that is more S10 directed.

Last edited by 3rdgeneration; 04-13-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Please do yourself a favor and research AIM and Chassis Tech before you make your decision. These were the names under the previous owner Joe Marrow. The company has since been sold and they are trying to get past the HORRIBLE reputation they gained under his supervision.

They burned me so badly when I bought from them I will NEVER have any thing good to say about them. The name may have changed in an attempt to improve their image, but I still would not buy from them. There are way to many known good companies that want your business.

Cheap ain't always good.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
c10seconds

I agree with N2TRUX. I live in mesa and AIM/ChassisTech/Airbag it, is literally 5 minutes from me (like a local autozone) and I have never bought anything from them due to the really bad rep they have. I just feel like id end up replacing their stuff with better stuff later on. So why do it?????
c10seconds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
ruffrida2005
Member of the longbed union.

Hey 3rd, Do yourself a favor and stay away from AIM/chassitech/airbagit. They are junk. If you look at there stuff and compare to everyone else you will see that they are the WEAK link. Speedway motors is the same way. Lots of people use them, but they only use 1" OD tubes compared to everyone else using 1.5OD .250 wall.

When you looked at SD's site, yes they sell Ride Tech and KP. But all of there kits they make are done to your needs. They do make kits for our C10's you have to look at the 63-87 section at the top left of the home page.

Also Nate at Porterbuilt can make you whatever you want.

I have only delt with SD on link parts, due cuz they know what they are doing. Nate Knows his stuff..

88 GMC Crew Cab dually, 454/T400

64 LWB 400 HP 350/350T Bagged, under construction! Sold most of it!

92 S10 Iron Duke 5 speed, 5/7 drop for now. soon to be bagged. Sold http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post4637759

Last edited by ruffrida2005; 04-14-2010 at 12:49 AM.
ruffrida2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 AM   #10
andrewmp6

They are cheap for a reason and you don't want to see why.If you want it lowered http://www.ridetech.com/shop/ if you want it to lay frame http://www.*****************/front_page and http://porterbuiltstreetrods.com/site/
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
project67-stepside

c-10 i sent u a pm
project67-stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
stevieB

Well in previous years they have had a really bad rep, but they are trying really hard to revamp there image. I have a couple of friends running there stuff on there trucks. purchased within the last two years, and havent had a problem. They have even been featured in street trucks about a year ago for there plug and play system with good reviews from them. AIM also now offers lifetime warranties on there stuff (even the compressors and vavles). there a local company for me so I have purchased A arms for my ranger from them and some sheet metal stuff. Only problem i have had was, I purchased a phantom grill for my 1987 s10 and they sent me one for 1993-95 one, but i called them and they quickly returned it, so not too bad.

The old addage goes:
Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

So people have been burned in the past, but if everyone has been burned why are they still in business 18+ years?

What I think I am going to to do is call them talk to a rep and try to get them on here to make amends, like Jeff from CPP did...

Last edited by stevieB; 04-14-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: wrong info
stevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
3rdgeneration

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate everyones time and input in this matter. I am not wanting to lay frame. I simply want to enjoy a lowered truck without the harshness of the static drop that is on the truck when purchased. I am not a huge fan of a leafspring rearend anyway, so I am using that as an excuse to convert to a 4 link. I even spoke to Jeff at CPP about their rear setup for the 73-87, but I will be using the truck to tow about 5-6 times per year so I like the versatility of the air suspension.

I will definately cross Air Bag It off my list.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #14
stevieB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgeneration View Post
before you do that, think about this that I have learned from being in sales for many years:

"Do right by somebody and they maybe tell 1 person, but do wrong by somebody and the tell everyone they know."

Word of mouth is devastating, because 3 out of ten people that say go somewhere else have been actaully burned they others have heard tales.
stevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
65Gregg

Quote:
Thank you for the replies, I appreciate everyones time and input in this matter. I am not wanting to lay frame. I simply want to enjoy a lowered truck without the harshness of the static drop that is on the truck when purchased. I am not a huge fan of a leafspring rearend anyway, so I am using that as an excuse to convert to a 4 link. I even spoke to Jeff at CPP about their rear setup for the 73-87, but I will be using the truck to tow about 5-6 times per year so I like the versatility of the air suspension.

What kind of drop is currently on the truck that is giving you a harsh ride? I plan on a static drop and don't really want to be fighting a rough ride.

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
65Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieB View Post
before you do that, think about this that I have learned from being in sales for many years:

"Do right by somebody and they maybe tell 1 person, but do wrong by somebody and the tell everyone they know."

Word of mouth is devastating, because 3 out of ten people that say go somewhere else have been actaully burned they others have heard tales.
also being in sales, why give them a chance to possibly burn him when there are far better alternatives out there.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #17
SATownChevy

well i took a chance and bought from them. got 8 valves, upper/lower a arms, 2800 bags, 2 in drop spindles

Old 04-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
colin_havens

Quote:

I used Suicide doors dropped crossmember and their superlift 4 link to build mine, and Jason and the rest of the crew at suicide doors was very helpful. I actually ordered one of the first 10 dropped crossmembers from Jason, and he gave me his personal cell phone number to call if I had any questions at all, and I did. He even stopped when he was unloading a trailer down in flordia at a show to help me when I needed it. Definately stands behind his product and is most helpful.

I have messaged Nate as well, and even though I did not buy my parts from him, he has been helpful with a couple of differetn questions. He gets great reviews, and his products definately changed the game when it came to laying out one of these trucks.

Depending on just how low you want to go, and your budget will determine what the best route for you to go is. I know that Nate or Jason will be most helpful in putting together you a kit that will do what you need, and will be there to advise you on doing the install. Do you have access to or know how to weld, or does it all ned to be a bolt on affair? Are you ok with cutting or raising your bed floor, and losing or rebuilding custom wheel tubs? Depending on what you want to do and just how low you want to go will definately determine what route you need to go. If you want cheap, go with airbaggit. But dont expect support in any way from them as their sales people have not personally installed everything they offer. It may cost you a little more, but the quality of the materials and the install support will be there if you order from Porterbuilt or *****************.
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
XtremeBowtie

I think Jim Marrow and Air Ride Technolgies had it out for each other for a while didn't they? Looked like Marrow tried to copy some ART stuff...

My 63 Double Dropmember Build "Project Sub-Zero": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...42#post5050342

XtremeBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #20
ruffrida2005
Member of the longbed union.

airbagit is copying everyone one. Look at the bags from SAtown those are knock off slams.

88 GMC Crew Cab dually, 454/T400

64 LWB 400 HP 350/350T Bagged, under construction! Sold most of it!

92 S10 Iron Duke 5 speed, 5/7 drop for now. soon to be bagged. Sold http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post4637759
ruffrida2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #21
bedsled71

everybag is somewhat of a knock off.. everyone copies everyone.. i was thinking about getting those bags from AIM and trying them out but i know there is a bumpstop inside and wasnt sure about the overall colapsed height.. those arms look great too..
i know atleast a handful of people that use AIM product and never once had any issue.. most people just hear from another or "know someone that knows someone"..
bedsled71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #22
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Ok with out quoting everyone, let me paraphrase here. AIM has acquired a terrible reputation because of unethical business practices. Do they rip "everyone" off? No, not at all. But they have burned many people in many ways. They offer low prices but over charge for shipping. They ship the wrong part then charge you for return and charge you again for shipping the right part.

As far as lifetime warranty goes, that really easy to offer. It doesn't matter if you offer million year warranty if you don't honor it. I speak from personal experience on ALL of these subjects. Not just something I heard.

As far as comparing them to CPP, you are way off base there. The difference is CPP has great quality just bad customer service. Jeff came on here to fix that. If AIM was invited on here that still would do nothing to fix their unethical business practices.

Buy from them if you want, just don't expect any sympathy here if you get burned.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #23
Shane
Account Suspended

Personal experience - AIM sucks.

How's that?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #24
8mpg

Id be willing to give them a shot. They are trying hard to turn their name around. I have seen on many boards of Joe trying hard to make sure everyone is taken care of. What I ahve read, their parts are high quality.

Copying... every company copies another. That is just how it works. How many ways can you build an upper bag bracket for a truck? Copying bags? They are rubber bags with metal plates. They probably come from the same supplier.
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #25
Rochlow

I'm going to agree with N2TRUX 1000000000000 times. With over 20yrs of ordering aftermarket parts AIM/Chassis Tech/Airbag it or whatever they want to call themselves is by far the worst company I've ever dealt with!!!!

My conclusion is based on hear say. I given them the benefit of the doubt numerous times and always got the short end of the stick. From getting poor quality parts or the wrong parts and having to pay return shipping and then a 35% restocking fee....

The last part I used from them was upper and lower control arms for my 97 C1500. One of lower ball joint breaks as I'm pulling out of a parking lot denting my fender and totally messing up a 20" billet wheel.

Called the customer service line and got anything but that... Without seeing anything they told me I installed balljoint into the spindel incorrectly and that was the cause of my problem.. Wow, You can tell that from a phone call???

Oh and the only reason Joe Morrow is trying fix the rep of the company is because he was selling it.

So I as far as I'm concerned with all the negative information available on the net about this company people are more than well informed.

Now it's up to you if you still want to run airbagit part, when there are way better options on the table.

Last edited by Rochlow; 04-14-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Rochlow is offline   Reply With Quote