The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

It's getting bigger..........The 60-66 section that is.

Back almost 3 years ago I remember signing on at night and there might be 15 viewers at a time in this section if you were lucky. Now it's over 100 every now and then.

I love seeing all the new people that shares the same love for these old trucks that the rest of us do.

Life would be so boring with out this forum. Before the internet people just worked on their trucks and shared only with neighbors and fellow local gearheads. Now we get to share our passion with the world. That's just amazing and so are the people that keep this forum what it is. Keep it up mods.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
neto

Re: It's getting bigger..........The 60-66 section that is.

It's because of people like you Alan. Sharing your skills and knowledge with all of us that make this forum amazing.
neto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
burbguy

I remember working on my high school truck (64 short bed fleetside) that my dad built back in the late 70's early 80's, and nobody really into those trucks back then. I also remember going down to the wrecking yard to try to find parts, to swap onto my old truck (without much luck), and now I can log on here and find anything that I could possibly need, and network with cool people that have already done the swap's, and can even give me sound advise, and a few part numbers along the way. All I can say is where were you guy's when I was in high school...oh yeah we didn't have the internet yet...LOL. I am amazed at the love for these old trucks, and the brotherhood of the fellow builders, and there knowledge, and willingness to help others...!!! Alan you said it... that life would be boring without everybody else...and the internet...

Keep on Truckin
Shawn

1966 short fleet 230 I-6 three in the tree (daily driver)
1966 short fleet big block th400 (building slowly)
1972 c10 3 door suburban 350 th350 (building faster than slowly)
2004 F250 power stroke (not dependable enough to be a daily driver)
2005 Kenworth T-800 Heavy Haul tractor (that's my true daily driver)
burbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I agree Alan.....It's great to be able to connect, share and learn from people all around the world that have the same love for the '60-'66 trucks. Before joining this forum there were only a handful of local guys that I could 'talk trucks' with.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 AM   #5
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Well put Alan

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
Bears63
...just another truck junkie..

What I think is even more interesting is that now that people have access to the knowledge and parts selection that the internet has brought together, you see even more of these old trucks going down the road instead of sitting in shelter belts. I wonder how many of these trucks would have rotted to nothing if it wasn't for easy access to help and supplies. Look at my trucks, for example. My '71 Cheyenne was a shelter belt survivor and my '63 C20 was a barn rescue, only because the guys I got them from saw their potential in the right hands and, thanks to the internet, they realized the demand for the trucks.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #7
duallyjams

I bought my 64 GMC because of this forum.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

addicting is what it is
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #9
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

When I was looking into buying a classic vehicle to work on, I had checked alot of forums to see if anything was for sale.

When I found my truck on CL, I checked on here for pre-purchase info and values. I would say its definately made a difference to me.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #10
jchav62
1962 C-10

This is an awesome place to get and share knowledge. It's good to see that this body style of truck is constantly gaining popularity too. GREAT JOB!!!
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4
jchav62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
cl08

Ok 100% honesty, I HATED THESE TRUCKS!!!!!!! Was 67-87 fan

One night watching Twilight with my wife, she tells me she like the old red truck from the movie (64-66 I think). She also tells me her granddad had an old farm truck, and she thought it was the same truck. Well time goes on a few more weeks and she brought it up again.

I think, ok its not my truck I will google some 64-66 trucks. It lead me to this forum and this sub directory. I have not been the same since. I read more things on this forum than any other forum I am registered on. And believe it or not I am now love these particualr trucks more than the 73-87, but still my own personal truck would be a 67 or 68.

I think the reason I like these trucks so much now, is because of the following they have on this forum. You guys and gals are coming with some good ideas and building some top notch rides. Pro Touring was my favorite forum until now!!!!

Keep'em coming!!!!
cl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
Demmit_Hemmit's 65

You're certainly right Alan............I've been lurking on this site for over 8 years and can remember going days without seeing a new post. Now it seems we get a new member every few days. This place really is a good place to share info and help to our fellow truck members. We should each give ourselves a pat on the back......Hemmit
Demmit_Hemmit's 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
steverino66

I've bookmarked forums for my 2 other play vehicles, but this site brings me back at least a couple of times every day to see what you guys are up to and occasionally set me straight on a truck question - hands down, this is the best old Chevy site going.
steverino66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #14
Russ65C10

I've always loved these trucks, its good to see they've finally got the respect their due.

This site is the best because of everyone on it and the support they provide each other. There is no better source of information available. I've had my truck for nearly 20 years and over that time I've watched the local parts stores become completely ignorant about any thing to due with them. If its not in their "book" forget it.
Russ65C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #15
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I sure would have enjoyed this forum 20 years ago when I was building my truck. I appreciate good advice more than learning the hard way. Unfortunately before the internet a person just had to get lucky and stumble on someone with experience, or write to a magazine and hope they knew what they were talking about, or even responded. Some of the opinions I’ve read in car magazines (even recently) make me cringe, because someone may read it and think it’s actually true because it is in print. With a web forum if advice is good, similar responses support the information. If the advice isn’t so good, other opinions are available allowing for an informed decision.

When I retired I started spending time on half a dozen related forums, and quickly discovered most of my internet time is spent here. I’m a former Jarhead so I’m not unfamiliar with abuse and foul language, but I have dropped out of other forums because of rude treatment directed at members trying to learn the system, or asking a question that may have been asked somewhere in history. I’m here to enjoy myself, help where I can, and learn something new.

This forum stands alone for interactive participation, the volume of valuable information, and diligent management by the moderators maintaining the family friendly atmosphere. I’m very grateful this site exists. Certainly more enthusiasts will be inspired and old trucks saved because of ideas found here.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
K-TEN

I'm very new to this site. I have had a very long relationship with 60-66 trucks (60 and 61's in particular) and I like this site a lot. There is a good cross section of enthusiasts here with the common denominator being the 60-66 truck. Frankly, some of the stuff leaves me cold, but my stuff isn't for everyone else's taste either. There is a good mix of stock, hotrod and high tech here. (And not too much rat rod!! )
On Sunday I took my 60 GMC with 409 to a local swap meet. I was blown away by the response. probably more than 80% of all the people who simply walked by it, HAD to come over and look at it. I was very pleased with the response. I think that clean examples of these trucks are very under-represented, especially in the East. Salt was not kind to our cabs in particular, so restorations are not that common. And neither are clean, rust free examples. I do think that these trucks are beginning to get some overdue respect from the general truck/car community.

Other sites don't cater to our trucks like this one does. The picture threads are simply the best on the net. No question. Keep it going. I am a fan.
K-TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
daverod
SSN 706

If it was'nt for this place I never would have started working on my projects. I don't really know that much about trucks and autos but I like doing it. This place gives my a place to turn when I run into stuff ?
I have a problems with. Thanks to everyone for sharing.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

when I first found this site I was impressed with the fact that everyone was positive.
It didn't matter if it was a current build, an 80's style pastel and billet, a restoration, or something completely off the wall, every one liket it and was glad to see another one on the road, and saved from the crusher.
some of the other car and truck sites I go to, people take such a hard line, and some of the sites are just clunky to use,hard /impossible to post pics , for example...
this site is my favorite!
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #19
MacAttack
283 Drama Queen

I attribute it to my unique photographs.....
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #20
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Being one of the new faces here I can say it is great to be here, and I am glad a buddy of mine sent me a link to this site months back. As a couple have stated here, when I first started looking around on this site I was really impressed with the overall positive attitude here. I have been involved in several other online communities and a majority of them waste a lot of time and space arguing over just about anything. It seems that there is hardly any of that here even though there are projects ranging from old to new, and high to low, and even race to cruising. I have always been a fan of the 1960-1966 Chevy trucks, and have tried a few times in the past to pick one up only to be beat to the sale by another enthusiast. Finally I got my hands on the 1966 C-10, and soon I will be driving the pickup of my dreams. Glad to be able to share the experience with a great online community.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
flips72

i never did do any thing on the internet, untill my brother told me about the site, now cant wait to get home and check out the forums. have really learned alot and got some great ideas. thanks to everyone involved.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #22
Dinos63
chevy only

LOVE THE SITE, DIG THE TRUCKS(60-66) AND THE PEOPLE,I HAVE MADE SOME GREAT FRIENDS ALL OVER THE WORLD,
Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #23
62 Bowtie

Well you guys have said it all this site is the best and I reccommend it all the time
Attached Images

Last edited by 62 Bowtie; 04-27-2010 at 08:04 PM.
62 Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
ljackson

I agree with the comments above. One of the things that brings me to the board almost every day is the people. The one's here will take a few minutes out of their day and a help a fellow old truck guy or gal for that matter.

http://zacks64longfleet.shutterfly.com/

Higher res. photos in my gallery.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #25
Slow Build

Short and Sweet:

1. This is a great site.
2. Could you imagine having to get all your technical questions answered by your local parts guy.
Past GM Trucks:
1959 GMC short stepside
1968 GMC short stepside-4x4
1973 Chevy short stepside
1989 Chevy short fleetside-reg cab
1993 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab
2002 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab

Save the dinosaurs, use synthetic oil.
Slow Build is offline   Reply With Quote