The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
green724x4

Question Sway Bar?

Anyone have some info on a sway bar swap from a newer chevy into a 67-72 style truck. I am going to be doing 3.73s and a sway bar this week. I also have been looking for a members build thread I saw a couple years ago. It was a 67-72 k series blazer yellow with a 6.0 ls motor with a supercharger running 38" tires. It was sweet post the links to any info you may have.
My truck needs a sway bar soon. Going to grab a 3/4 or 1ton bar off a mid 70's early 80's truck.
Thanks Agian
green724x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

Re: Sway Bar?

if memory serves me right, the sway bar you speak of attaches to the leaf spring ubolt plate, so you will need to pull those plates as well. Also make sure you take measurements for clearance (drag link/ tie rod). The top of the sway bar connects to the crossmember or the radiator core support (my memory is foggy today) so you will need to measure for distance and compensate for any lift the truck might have on that end. Usually the lift companies sell a little spacer black to go between the crossmember (or core support) and the upper mounts of the sway bar. Can you give a little more info on your truck? It helps us help you to know as much as possible about your project on the whole.
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

Hey I thought about this a little bit more, and i dont think it will work. The spring width is different between the 2 years...
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

The leaf spring width may be different but distance between leaf spring center pins is the same...so yes it will bolt right up. You will have to fab up your upper mounting. If you do a search it should bring up several good articles on doing this