The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
fdbdw

Sold my truck today

Like I posted a month ago, Im a Firefighter facing possible wage cuts due to budget issues, had to sell it so me and my family are finacialy prepared. Man this one hurt ( actualy felt ill), when you build somthing from a wore out farm truck to a head turner and wheel burner its alot different than selling the grocery getter. Anyway enough self pitty. I want to thank everyone on this great site, I will drop in from time to time. I plan on staying a subrcribed member, if there are no rules about somone being a member that doesnt own a truck. I will own another one some day, no doubt about it, just gotta get the money staight.
fdbdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Re: Sold my truck today

Sorry about your loss. I'd have to be at the point of starvation (I mean that literally) before I'd let go of Old Yeller, so I can imagine how you feel.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
pat 70/71

Sorry to hear this. this happens all to often (with the mess we are currently in) I'm a building contractor here in cali and times are less than great. I hope things will get better for you and yours. best of luck to you, .Pat
pat 70/71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Sorry you had to sell your truck -- especially after building it! -- but am glad you plan to stick around here. Owning a truck is not a requirement, subscribing member or not. That had to be a tough decision, but your priorities are right... family & responsibility come first. Hopefully things will start looking up soon and you'll be able to get another truck.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
efsoccer9

Sorry to hear about that. Sad that hard working folks like alot of us on here have to go through those things sometimes. Obviously you don't need me to tell you that your a good man for what you did, family is first and foremost, I have 3 girls and a wife of my own and know the feeling. I don't doubt that you will get things straight and own another old beauty. Good luck!
efsoccer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
68shortstep
Looks good at 20-ft .....

I feel your pain. Mine went away recently, strictly for the needed hard times $$$$$, too.

Be consoled by the fact that you did the right thing, at the right time, for the family. That'll help you get past the upset & the pain.

There's always gonna be another truck out there in the future, but drastic times call for drastic measures.
68shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
the ideaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbdw View Post
Like I posted a month ago, Im a Firefighter facing possible wage cuts due to budget issues, had to sell it so me and my family are finacialy prepared. Man this one hurt ( actualy felt ill), when you build somthing from a wore out farm truck to a head turner and wheel burner its alot different than selling the grocery getter. Anyway enough self pitty. I want to thank everyone on this great site, I will drop in from time to time. I plan on staying a subrcribed member, if there are no rules about somone being a member that doesnt own a truck. I will own another one some day, no doubt about it, just gotta get the money staight.
Taking care of one's family is much more important. I wouldn't give it a second thought.
the ideaman is offline   Reply With Quote