The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
BP68

What small/chrome brake booster you running?

Hey all,

I am looking for a chrome brake booster for my 68 that currently has a stock 72 style master cylinder/booster on it.

I have seen smaller ones and ones in chrome before, but after some quick searching did not come up with anything.

Seems like I have seen some that bolt directly to the firewall without brackets. What works, and what is required to use something like this.

Please post pics.

Thanks
BP

My build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=269999
BP68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
junkyardjohn

Re: What small/chrome brake booster you running?

THERES A GUY IN NM. THATS SELLS BRAKE PARTS FOR HOT RODS & OLD TRUCKS. THEY MAKE ONE SPECIFICALLY FOR OUR TRUCKS. I'VE HAD ONE ON MY 69 TOW TRUCK FOR YEARS (IT'S YELLOY CAD. PLATED) NOW & IT'S WORKING GREAT. IT COMES WITH THE BRACKETS & ALL THE HARDWARE. I'M JUST GETTING READY TO ORDER A CHROME ONE FOR MY ONGOING MONEY PIT. THEY ARE $200 + $25 SHIPPING.(FOR THE BOOSTER & M.C.) I'M NOT TO AWFUL SURE ABOUT THE RULES CONCERNING POSTING A NON-PAID VENDOR, SO IF YOU PM ME I'LL GIVE YOU HIS TELE.# & YOU CAN CALL HIM YOURSELF. IT'S A 8" DUAL DIAPHRAM BOOSTER & A M.C. WITH A 1" BORE. NEW.. NOT REMAN. NICE PART IS.. THEY ARE MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR 67-72 TRUCKS & NOT SOME UNIVERSAL SETUP THAT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK .GOOD GUY WHO SEEMS TO KNOW HIS STUFF. HOPE THIS HELPS JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
VA72C10
VA72C10

I know captainfab from this board makes a pretty nice bracket that doesn't stick out real far. You can get 7" or 8" chrome boosters off ebay fairly cheaply...just look for a nicer one dual diaphram if you are running larger or 4 wheel disc brakes.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
cparman
sharp as a marble

Had a dual Diaphram 8" on my Blazer for about a week. Hated it, hated the way the brakes felt, hated the way it looked, hated that I installed it ( knew better ), I now have a 9" dual diaphram on my Blazer and LOVE IT!!!

There was just not enough vacuum assisit to the 8" IMO. The pedal felt hard, like it did not have enough power assist. As soon as I got the 9" on, I knew i was going to be happy. I am experiencing the same thing right now with a 63 Impala convertible. 409 BIG cam, no engine vacuum. I went from an 8" single, to an 8" dual, and now I am waiting for a electric vacuum pump. No room between the valve cover to get a 9"installed.
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote