The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
67Slider

TruckandCarShop Fender Quality

Has anybody bought fenders from this shop and if so what kind of quality is it. I have bought other parts and they have been great but have not bought any sheet metal. I am looking for some good quality front fenders for a 68 c10.

Any reviews?
67Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: TruckandCarShop Fender Quality

When I was at their shop I saw "tri-plus" stickers on their replacement panels. I have heard these are well made. I am sure others will chime in with their experiences soon.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
BIG ORANGE

Anytime you buy aftermarket or repop body panels be prepared to do some adjusting when it comes to gaps in between the panels!
If you have ever watched the TV show OVERHAULIN you can see the work they go through in the same process! NOS or good used panels are always the ticket!
Best of luck....

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
gonzo6869
Cops, ha, catch me if you can!

I have not bought any body panels from them, but I can tell you about there customer service (over the phone at least) be prepared to be put on hold for a LONG time and then talk to someone who is not that helpful nor knowledgeable. I have bought stuff through them but only from swap meets, customer service there was much better.
Edelbrock intake and Carb
Hooker Comp Headers
275/60R15 on Rallies

gonzo6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
vectorit
What?

I have never had to buy parts like that from them, but the last time I was there about 2 weeks ago I stood next to a guy that bought a pair for a 66 truck.
They took them out of the boxes, the buyer did the usual look over. They looked cool to me as a bystander.
Though I was impressed with what the guy said to the customer, he said that if he was unhappy with the fit then bring them back. He went on to say, just touch up the paint that would be scuffed during installation.
Also, he did tell the customer that new sheet metal is not going to just plug and play. To me I see that as common sense, and anyone that thinks other wise - well good luck to you then.

Yes, their over the phone CS is not really all that. They are pretty old school when it comes to office technology, the phone system is old and they still use a cash drawer and they hand write every single item you order over the counter on your receipt.
The parts pullers are pretty much that, young people working a parts pulling job. There are very knowledgeable employee's there, but they are just as busy as everyone else helping customers.
The building that the Chevy truck stuff is in, is shared with the Impala resto counter. It's a kind of organized chaos... But, just pull a paper number ticket and wait for your number to be shouted out and you are given all the help you need.
Over the phone, I have had best luck in the morning hours before the rush hours. Lunch time, and afternoon just plan on a little frustration.

I personally put up with this shops rough edges because they just always seem to have the part I need in stock, so I am working on my burb that day after I get home with it.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 AM   #6
leddzepp

Very well put and my sentiments exactly. This is the experience I have whenever I roll into their shop. They have always had the part I need in stock (and I have bought a LOT of stuff lately). I had the best experience going in at 3 pm on a weekday when there are not a lot of people there. I try and research exactly what I need. Once pulled, I pull everyhting out and examine it. I went through about a half dozen A/C center vents before I found one that did not have marred up chrome. One time I bought moulding clips, found 1 defective one, and the dude through in a few extra as he said "just to be sure, so you don't have to make another trip down if one breaks during install" It is nice that they sell them individually, as opposed to only a $50 kit, where you are screwed when (not if) one breaks.

When the time comes for my SWB bedsides, they will be my first stop.

I agree, they suck on the phone Since they have had everthing in stock, I just roll down there and don't even bother calling to check and see anymore.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
Sublvr72
Account Suspended

I have seen them when I was down at their shop. They look decent but I haven't had any experience with them on a truck
Sublvr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

The Tri-Plus driver side`68 fenders leave something to be desired.Body lines don`t match up at the door from top to bottom,nothing adjustment can`t fix.And,at the inner top corner of the headlight where it meets the grille panel there`s a whole the headlight bezel doesn`t cover.Tri-Plus are the best peices of replacement panels made.Unfortunately they came up short on these,though.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
ewoody625

Sorry to butt in here and hi jack, I'm looking for a rt inner fender and I'm trying to get some contact info for triplus i havent been able to find anything on them to find a local dealer or anything can anyone help me out?
Thanks sorry again for hijacking

70 CST10 long bed in pieces also factory air and cruise(the project)

18 Silverado crew cab 5.3 4x4

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=402166
ewoody625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoody625 View Post
Sorry to butt in here and hi jack, I'm looking for a rt inner fender and I'm trying to get some contact info for triplus i havent been able to find anything on them to find a local dealer or anything can anyone help me out?
Thanks sorry again for hijacking
Try GMCPAULS they sell them Rockville I think so does Keystone (indianapolis

Last edited by mbgmike; 05-11-2010 at 05:46 PM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I just got a fender from the Truck and Car Shop, it was marked Counterpart. Fit on the bolt holes kind of sucked.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:27 AM   #12
67chevy1series

well my dad bought marker lights from truck and car shop in orange county califorinia but they were no good he also bought bumpers front and rear they were good so if bumpers were good i coul only imagine strp fenders
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

I have a tri-plus passenger side fender on my truck. The back edge of the fender is not straight at all and there is a slight wrinkle in the front grille area that will be no problem to fill. You can look in my build thread for pics of the fender.

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote