The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
elks

Almost Wrecked today... Wife punched me...Pics

when I saw this truck sitting in a near by town. It is a great looking truck, and thought someone here will give it the home it deserves. Just so happened to be my 4 year old daughters birthday so we had a camera. Is it a members ride? It is located in North Eastern Utah. I just found out I am loosing my job in a few months, so no hope of me buying it. Also if someone here picks it up I want a ride in it once.

Enjoy....

elks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
elks

Re: Almost Wrecked today... Wife punched me...Pics

Here are some more:

Old 05-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
elks

Oh one last one you might want to see... I really like this truck, but again there is no chance my wife will entertain the thought. I know have some plans for the restore of my grandpas truck...

Last edited by elks; 05-15-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
68 short step

i know he isnt asking 23g for it, but i dont think he'll get anywhere close to that dollar amount....i think he might be able to get 6g outta it, espscially since it needs engine work...
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Hey,where are you located?In Moffit County?That`s a pretty paint job,but a bit too personalized to please some other`s tastes.He`s got a lot of money into pretty and then the motor takes a poop so he wants to sell it.The only way to get anything out of it`s cosmetics is put a cam in it.I guess he`s disgusted with it but not as disgusted as when the truth in it`s value hits.He`s got to spend a little more to lose a little less or just cut`n`run.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
elks

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey,where are you located?In Moffit County?That`s a pretty paint job,but a bit too personalized to please some other`s tastes.He`s got a lot of money into pretty and then the motor takes a poop so he wants to sell it.The only way to get anything out of it`s cosmetics is put a cam in it.I guess he`s disgusted with it but not as disgusted as when the truth in it`s value hits.He`s got to spend a little more to lose a little less or just cut`n`run.
I agree. He really should fix the issue, what ever it is... On the flip side, I really wonder what he thinks is reasonable? It has only been sitting there at most a couple weeks. If it sits long enough, I am sure it will go for a good price. Like I said if I had any idea as to my employment in a few months, I would be looking at it hard. However, I am pretty certain that selling and moving will leave us broke. I do hope it goes to a good home as it is a pretty truck.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
OhOneWS6

Nice looking truck but I would have done some things differently. Like others have said, A little too personalized for my taste. For 23K you could get something much nicer. I'd be curious what he expects to get out of it.

Reading the FS sign, does GM even offer a stall converter? I know back in the day guys would use the small diameter converter out of a Vega to get a higher stall but I don't think GM actually offer a performance stall converter. Who spends 23K and then stops at a bad cam and puts it up for sale. Just about guarantee there is more to the story. And fix that trim on the rear side marker light.

Last edited by OhOneWS6; 05-16-2010 at 10:52 AM.
OhOneWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Man.....for 23K I'd hope to end up with something worth more than that. I know paint can eat up some cash but I'm just not seeing where it all went to. Then again....It might have just been a ROACH when he/she started.

Funny too if they would have just done a 3/5 or a 5/7 drop it would make a huge difference and the wheels would actually look better.

Last edited by prostreetC-10; 05-16-2010 at 11:14 AM.
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
mclairmo

He's lying about the $23K, unless he had some rip off shop do every little thing for him.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
Indy72

Id like to have those wheels for my c-20,does anybody know what they are?
Indy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #11
watahyahknow

23K could be possible if he dropped a lot of cash in rebuilding that engine .............and failed in doing it right

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote