The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
sierragrande77

HELP..Problem with new Coys!

I just recieved my wheels from Coys. I ordered chrome C-5 20's. The first problem I noticed was that the tires were not what I ordered. I ordered Toyo Proxys and recieved Nitto NT 420s. That didn't bother me too much. I then noticed my back tires were 285 instead of 295. That bothered me a little.

I called and they said that they were sorry they forgot to call me before they shipped. It was going to be 3 months waiting on 295 Toyos and this was they closest thing that they had for the price I had paid. Only a quarter inch in height difference, but still annoying that it wasn't what I ordered.

THE BIG PROBLEM...On the back side of one the rear rims there is chrome chipping and pitting. Not huge areas, but it is there. One both front rims there are some dings or irregularities also. The chrome is not chipping here though. Is this normal? I did not know about this when I called about the tires. I hate to be the guy that is never satisfied, but I am spending a lot of money to restore my truck for my son and I want it to be as nice as possible. What should I do?
sierragrande77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
sierragrande77

Re: HELP..Problem with new Coys!

Sorry, the dings in the front rims were in the back behind also.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
bigarmzz

darn man, i hate to hear about you having problems like this....i ordered mine, and waited, and waited, finally i called them, and come to find out the order sheet was still on some guys desk!

it ended up being prob a month for me to get mine in, but mine are fine, the chrome is good and tires are what i ordered

again man, i feel for ya....i know there slow there, but i dont remember anyone getting "damaged" wheels from them before though
Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

You're worried about being the guy never satisfied? I wouldn't worry about that.

This is just me, but they'd go back on the express truck and I'd get my credit card to reverse the charge if I had to. Neither problem is acceptable. Imperfections in the wheels make them "seconds" or "blems" that are sold at a discount, not passed on at full price. I'm assuming here and should ask - you didn't buy blems, did you?

The unauthorized tire swap is equally a deal breaker. When I special order tires, rest assured I want the size and the brand that I ordered and it is NOT ok for anyone on the other end to ship me something different because of inventory problems.

I would not even pay return shipping, they lost that when they decided it was acceptable to ship you something other than what you ordered. Tell them if they'll let you know what day the UPS man is picking them up, you'll make sure they are where he can get to them.

But I'm just funny that way. I want what I paid for.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build

Last edited by 68Timber; 05-21-2010 at 11:50 AM.
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
bigblock73
yeller

I'd send them back, no questions about it. I'd also order rims from somewhere else. Coys have a bad CS reputation, and their quality has been in questions several times. That is too much money to spend on something, and NOT be completely satisfied IMO.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
sierragrande77

I kinda feel the same way. I am just getting excited about seeing my truck complete. It has been in the works for a year and I'm about a month or two away from having it done. I am sure though that I will reget it if its not perfect.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
PRUNEDA
'87

I agree with everyone, they should have notified you if it was ok to send another brand and tire size. It may be a quarter of an inch and different brand, but what would get to me the most is that they didn't notify me of the issue and have me decide if it was ok to send something that I did not order.
PRUNEDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
pcmcobra

Call them and tell them you want what you paid for and chrome is not good.
I had an issue like that and they took care of it.

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
sierragrande77

Wheels are being picked up Monday. They are paying for shipping. They said they would send me new rims out. I checked around on the Toyos and they are backordered for 2-3 months like they told me. It is significantly more expensive for another brand in a 295. What do you guys think about the 285's. Will I be able to really tell a difference?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
fpjr0

what size toyo's are you lookng for,,, I just bought mine about 2-3 weeks ago and the wheel/tire dealer I use around here can get them fast... I also ran the 295/40/20 on the rear, but running the Boss 338
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
sierragrande77

I'm looking for 295/40/20 for the rear and 255/40/20 for the front.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
ratty 46

In todays ever increasing problem of retaining customers .... I would figure they'd bend over backwards to keep you as a customer. If that's NOT the case ... the obvious is apparent - return them & seek another wheel provider.

Ratty 46
ratty 46 is offline   Reply With Quote