The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
tim21391

calling for help

so i decided tomorrow im goin back to working on my 72 so i can get it ready for paint like ive been talkin about for the past 4-5 months now.. last time i worked on it was in january and that was do both inner and outer door skins on both doors.. now im going to take my bed apart while its on truck so i dont have to have a ton of buddys help me lift it off so i can swap out the rusty floor thats in there now with a used one thats just surface rusted... plan is to do what i did on my frame from the cab back.. clean it up get all the loose stuff up sand/scuff the surface rust off like i did.. and the stuff i used back in november of 08 is still holding up today... its just dirty.. so its holding up well.. didnt need to blast it.. so the help im asking for you.. do i go ahead and do the same procedure on the bottom of the floor or do i send it off for blasting.. blasting i dont know the price would be.. it was $25 for my core support to get blasted and i didnt get it back for like a week to two weeks... and without a drivers license it might be hard taking it to the place and being a teeny bopper it might rob my check book.. so im thinking of using por-15 or whatever but that might be pricey... since my stuff is still holding up from november of 2008 should i just do the same procedure as i did on my frame, coils, frame rails, etc. or what? and while the bed is apart i can go to work on my bed sides fixing hail dents and a few dents that were put into it when transporting the bed on a trailer and such.. good idea? or bad idea?.. sorry for the book i just wrote by the way
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
silverstreak

Re: calling for help

It wouldn't hurt to check the price of blasting the bed. If it's more expensive and you don't have a way to get it down there, just do what you did to the cab. It will be easier on the wallet and buy you some time until you get your license and more $$.
silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote