The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
imaguywithemail

1970 c10 power brakes

Almost done with my 70 c10 stepside, Finally found a damn driveshaft after like 8 months of searching, now I just have one last thing I need to do to make it driveable - the brakes. The issue I'm having is that originally I had the manual 4 wheel drum brakes on her, and now that I've put the '72 chassis underneath, I have disc front with power brakes. Apparently there's something I need to do because since I put the new brake booster and master cylinder in my pedal is closer to the floor and my brake lights are on all the time. Any insight as to what I need to do? I'm hoping I can just drill a hole somewhere else on the brake lever and move where the rod attaches. Any insight? Anything would be appreciated. I'm dying to get this thing on the road again, and am hopefully looking at just a few more weeks before I can drive her again.
imaguywithemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
srea76

Re: 1970 c10 power brakes

sounds like you may need to bleed the brakes.

Red Baron-72 c10 Project
srea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
imaguywithemail

Re: 1970 c10 power brakes

not so much of a bleeding issue as much as it is that the power brakes had a different pedal in them. I know it's possible to use the original manual brake pedal I just wanted to know if anyone knew the exact way to do it. Brakes are already bled by the way. Truck moves and stops like a champ, i just don't want the brake lights on all the time. I'm sure there has to be a law against that.
imaguywithemail is offline   Reply With Quote