The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
fyah

Unhappy need a little reassurance

waddup everyone first off i would like to say this forum gives off a real home feeling everyone seems helpful all around and just makes you wanna keep coming back,with that said lets get down and dirty lol..i just bought my first car a week ago(i know 29yrs old and never own a car sad) i was lookin into buying a normal car but being i live in idaho everyone goes camping all the time and me and my girlfriend was always the only one in a car everyone was in pickup trucks with campers,4-wheelers the works.so i decided to buy a truck for 5 months i look at everything and fell in love with box Chevy's from that moment on thats all i looked at and tour all over craigslist for one.and always found one but it was always stick.then i got into dually and found a dually in my town for $800 bucks and tough i was dreaming i bought it on the spot got it home and was in love ever sines until like 3days ago lol..i started to hear all kids of things about the dually"they suck in the snow,they suck getting boats off ramps,you get stuck on wet grass etc" and the list goes on.so the bottom line is did i make a mistake or am i just over reaction cuz i wont lie the truck is mainly for in town use and go camping in the summer that's it no muddin or none of that stuff i just wanna hear from the people who own there's whats been your experience with it..

btw its a 1985 c30 crew cab i think it has a 454 in it
http://yfrog.com/j005301943j
fyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

Re: need alittle reassurance

i dunno free bump

welcome this place is awesome
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES we wanna see your new ride!

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
fyah

Old 06-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
ECU PIRATE

Duallys rock!!!!!!!!! A lot of guys on here will agree with me!!! Go out and get yourself a 5th wheel camper and screw all the haters
14' VW Passat SE TSI (my personal)
14' Ford Edge Sport (Daily Work Vehicle)
73' SWB Stepside - 77K org. miles
74' LWB 454/TH400 - drive train transplant for my (Sold)
98' SWB C1500 W/T - shop truck (Sold)
90' GMC Sierra SLE short step - aka " Jezabelle " (Sold)
ECU PIRATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

The problem is weight! You have to be aware of weight in the rear. It will easily get stuck in soft dirt and soil. If you want to show them up, convert it to 4X4!! Then, you'll be the go to guy when everyone else is stuck!!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
joe231

Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

welcome aboard and nice truck! duallys rock although not so much at the gas pump... what are the plans for your ride?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #8
fyah

Re: need a little reassurance

thanks for all the input guys meant a lot i had to go outside and hug my truck and tell her sorry..lol(yes i really did that) ha ha..my plans for the truck is to just get some new rims,better front bench seat take off the rails and paint it black nothing fancy i work from home so i may drive it like 3 times a week just for the fun of it,im waiting for the weather up here to get better so i can take her on her first camping trip
Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #9
Colt Cobra

Dude, Tell the haters to kiss it.
Duallys Rock.
and whoever told you duallys suck for launching boats, they dont have a clue what they're talking about. a dually will always track straighter backing up than any single-wheel.
and as far as getting a boat off a ramp, youve got 2 extra tires in the back for more grip and extra weight to push down on the tires so they'll dig into the concrete.
between me and my Dad weve got 3 trucks at the house, an 07 K1500 CCSB, a 96 F-350 Powerstroke Dually and my 88 C3500 and my truck 9/10 gets put on boat duty when we go to the lake.

have you rung it out yet? Ive got an 88 C3500 extended cab(next body style) 454 with a Turbo 400(3 speed auto) and 4.11s behind it and empty it'll do 110 uphill and was still diggin and rode as smooth as a caddy doin it. (wouldnt recommend doing this, but it sure is fun to blow by a new Powerchoke like its sitting still)
Colt Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #10
OARNGESI

You did pretty good if gas aint a issue the 454 is worth 800
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #11
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

the haters ,they just want one too,a real truck lol
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
pseudopimp

im not a big fan of dually's. don't hate em, i just don't want one. but for 800, that is a steal. the tires are worth that. I agree a 4x4 convertion and nothin could touch it, it would be a beast. awesome find.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
BGRAFX
Account Suspended

Plenty of Duallies on this forum man, Awesome buy for $800!!!!
BGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #14
fyah

dude you all rock..i feel so good about my truck now every time i go outside i smile when i see it.lol u have no idea how bumby i was for a while over things i would never do but the fact it couldn't do it if i wanted to was bugging me but after all these comments i don't think no one can get my spirit down about my baby aka Mrs.FYAH (the mrs part not going over well with the GF)lol
Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 AM   #15
spinem
haha, ford guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyah View Post
waddup everyone first off i would like to say this forum gives off a real home feeling everyone seems helpful all around and just makes you wanna keep coming back,with that said lets get down and dirty lol..i just bought my first car a week ago(i know 29yrs old and never own a car sad) i was lookin into buying a normal car but being i live in idaho everyone goes camping all the time and me and my girlfriend was always the only one in a car everyone was in pickup trucks with campers,4-wheelers the works.so i decided to buy a truck for 5 months i look at everything and fell in love with box Chevy's from that moment on thats all i looked at and tour all over craigslist for one.and always found one but it was always stick.then i got into dually and found a dually in my town for $800 bucks and tough i was dreaming i bought it on the spot got it home and was in love ever sines until like 3days ago lol..i started to hear all kids of things about the dually"they suck in the snow,they suck getting boats off ramps,you get stuck on wet grass etc" and the list goes on.so the bottom line is did i make a mistake or am i just over reaction cuz i wont lie the truck is mainly for in town use and go camping in the summer that's it no muddin or none of that stuff i just wanna hear from the people who own there's whats been your experience with it..

btw its a 1985 c30 crew cab i think it has a 454 in it
http://yfrog.com/j005301943j
your truck is beautiful!!! ive been looking for one for 6 years now... still looking. if i could find something like that for 800 id pee my pants.
spinem is offline   Reply With Quote