The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
Tynee
I miss this truck.

Lawsuits

Okay, thought I would open a thread giving a chance for others to vent about lawsuits stemming from wrecks they've been involved in, preferably in a 67-72, but not neccassarily.

Mine wasn't in a 67-72, but was in a chevy truck. I was passing, the guy sped up, an old man pulled out in front of me, and next thing you know, I'm hearing how the old man's grandson wants to go in front a jury and tell them how I was running like 150 mph, that the old man looked both ways before he pulled out, that his cataracts weren't bothering him, and that the 1st thing I did after the smoke cleared was jump out and start screaming and yelling about how "it was the old man's fault." Not a word of what the grandson is saying is true, but you think a jury is going to find for a 25 yr. old student, or a 70 year WWII vet who marched across France with Patton?

Okay, I guess I feel better. BTW, looking at the death of Longhornmail's blue L.H. was what got me all fired up this morning. 30mph? Yeah, right!

Thanks,
Tynee

'08 Crew Cab Z-71 short bed. Really like this truck A LOT.
Tynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 12:54 PM   #2
JimKshortstep4x4

Talking

I hope you have a good attorney!

I am not sure if the grandson is a credible witness unless he is a
policeman or has some other creditials that show he can judge speed.

Good luck! The whole world seems to want to make a quick buck off of someone else.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 01:07 PM   #3
cdowns

hope you didn't get hurt ,it just shoes that you have to look far far down the road and anticipate everything , and having a little patience ain't all that bad !!!! bottom line: DID YOU GET THERE FAST ENOUGH
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #4
neonlarry

Quote:
hope you didn't get hurt ,it just shoes that you have to look far far down the road and anticipate everything , and having a little patience ain't all that bad
I agree with you on that, but, you have to remember that no matter how careful you are, there are some other people that will do stupid stuff. When you are on a 2 lane road, and someone comes over the top of the next hill at 90 mph in your lane because you were passing someone, there isn't much you can do except hope you have time to slow down enough that they will get out of your way. lol I would know because I have seen that happen several times. I also think anyone who drives slow and then speeds up to keep someone from passing them should at the very least have their liscense taken away for a month or two.
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:02 PM   #5
Crank

Nah, I don't think that they should have their license taken away, I think they should have to get fukin' ran over by their own ride. Not only does it piss off the people that are trying to pass you, it also can cause a wreck as Tynee has pointed out.
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:54 AM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I got sued on the Longhorn accident 2 and some chainge years ago. I still haven't heard the out come... they told me not to worry about it onless I had some important info. I decided to decline since I was using my truck for busnis use and didn't have the proper coverage. If my ins company knew that, they woulda dropped me in an instant and I'd be really screwed.
I guess I gotta take this one since I was wrong doing the pizza gig with normal coverage.
live and learn.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:23 AM   #7
pissonNOS

no matter what u do or sya the assholes always come out smelling like roses damn it pisses you off
my dad hit a woman goin the wrong way on the one way in his 32 chev coupe and they said it was his fault cause he didnt look both ways why should u ahve to its called one way for a reason
Old 02-20-2003, 02:41 AM   #8
Hooter
My other Love

Imagine a world without lawyers....

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:02 AM   #9
JJ
Lurking Member

Lawyers are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:34 AM   #10
Crank

LMFAO@ JJ, that's a nice one.
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:58 AM   #11
GMC Jim

thinks all newly graduating attorneys should be sentence to their state prison upon graduating....the charge ?? --- criminal intent !!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 10:44 AM   #12
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Them damn lawyers - to bad we didn't get rid of them a long time ago, then we could still be burning up in Pinto gas tank explosions.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote