The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
BlackTopMotors

Question Trustworthy/Good Electrical Work In Santa Clarita, CA?

Hi All,
Anyone know of a good shop in Santa Clarita, CA that does electrical work? I don't mind paying, I just want someone who knows what they are doing...not learning on my truck... I need to get it finished...will need to sell it soon... Thanks, Roger
____
BlackTopMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: Trustworthy/Good Electrical Work In Santa Clarita, CA?

When I lived in the SCV around the early 00's, the shops that even would look at a classic were near non existent...

Only luck I had with a shop that actually knew how to work on old stuff up there, was an auto body shop on Sierra Hwy.

Sierra Paint & Body
(661) 251-9018
17528 Sierra Hwy
Santa Clarita, CA 91351

Stop in there and talk to the owner or his Dad.
Couple a good guys, and they may be able to point you in the right direction.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
69sixpackbee

If I wasn't 75 miles away I would help ya. Don't know of anyone up there in your neck of the woods though.

Bud
69sixpackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
vectorit
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 1/2 Six Pack Bee View Post
If I wasn't 75 miles away I would help ya. Don't know of anyone up there in your neck of the woods though.

Bud
You interested in coming down to Temecula to figure out a electrical bug I have in my burb? Serious though... I could actually drive to you. Just have a turn signal/hazards issue.

Last edited by vectorit; 08-06-2010 at 07:45 PM.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
BlackTopMotors

Thanks all, If I can't find a local shop, I may just have to take someone up on that offer.

I am basically trying to get all the gauges working (ammeter, fuel... Currently it has the pig tail cheap aftermarket under dash temp gauge (I purchased the engine sensor...I even purchased two different resistors because when I took the cluster out, two of the gauges had them...don't have a clue...)

Anyway, keep those ideas local shops...rolling in, I seriously appreciate it! Roger
__
Old 08-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Blackholebob

You might try the guy's at Redline Gauges.They went through my cluster and made sure everything was working and accurate.They are mostly Mopar guy's but they know gauges.They are in the little house on Sierra Hwy.between the Chevron stn. and the cemetery right there at San Fernando rd. or as they call it now Newhall rd.Good luck: Bob
Blackholebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
BlackTopMotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackholebob View Post
You might try the guy's at Redline Gauges.They went through my cluster and made sure everything was working and accurate.They are mostly Mopar guy's but they know gauges.They are in the little house on Sierra Hwy.between the Chevron stn. and the cemetery right there at San Fernando rd. or as they call it now Newhall rd.Good luck: Bob

Thanks! I have checked out their website before. They look like they do great work but you know you better have some bucks. I appreciate your advise, I may call to see what they charge...(by the hour/book or estimate the task...). Not sure if they do trucks but probably worth the call. I recall driving around looking for where they were located...I actually live only a couple of miles from them. Roger
__
Old 08-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
Blackholebob

There used to be an auto electric shop over off of 13th street behind the motorcycle shop but I'm not sure if it's still there.I drive by it every day going over to my dad's but never pay any attention.If you go to Redline ask for Jerry he's a friend of my son and his girlfriend.He worked on my gauges and he just picked up a 67 long bed.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
BlackTopMotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackholebob View Post
There used to be an auto electric shop over off of 13th street behind the motorcycle shop but I'm not sure if it's still there.I drive by it every day going over to my dad's but never pay any attention.If you go to Redline ask for Jerry he's a friend of my son and his girlfriend.He worked on my gauges and he just picked up a 67 long bed.
Hey, thanks!!! I will look into both! Roger___
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
Blackholebob

BlackTopMotors:I checked tonight and the shop that used to be over off 13th street is gone.I don't know of any others.Good Luck.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
BlackTopMotors

Thanks man! I just drove by today looking...and was wondering if it was one as you go over the tracks near Master's College/Placerita Canyon. I may just go with your advise about Red Line. There is a Kiwi motors on what used to be San Fernando...I see some older Red Chevelle that's been tubbed...and other older cars and trucks so I may stop by there to get a feel for who they are...(check reviews online as well). Thanks again! Roger