The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
CrazyJesster

dad scored a 63 step side

well my dad an i know this guy that was doing the painting. in the apartment complex my dad runs. well this guy had a 1963 step side he was wanting to get rid of. for about 800$ well my dad made a deal with the guy. the deal was my dad whould do some painting for him. for the vehicle and come up with 300$. so the deal was made my dad got the vehicle for some work. and 300$ cash so i helped the guy load it the other day. and take it to dads and dropped it off.

the interior is really in good shape to me the seat is in good shape.
the passenger side door the window is cracked. and it has some rust on the inside of the doors. and outer bottom corner of the cab i think it can be fixed and patched. ill get some pictures in the next few days ive been really busy.

the hood needs one hinge and it has the 261 inline 6 i think with 3 on the tree. as for as tranny goes im not too sure to be honest what tranny it is.

as far as running the guy said it hasnt in 2 years the tags did expire 2 years ago. all i heard was battery and something wrong with some vaccum lines or something. and some issue with the distributor i ddint hear the convo on what was wrong with it.

but i will grab some pictures next few days an get them posted up

dad also scores a 65 i think and he wants to work on that an make a street toy. it needs alot of work so i asked him about the 63. and there is a chance i might can get the 63 from him. in my eyes it whould be easier to get the 63 in running shape and then go from there.

dad was asking me some questins on engine swaps for thease type vehicles. cause i have a project 82 an he knew i like all the older chevys. im not too sure on engien swaps on the 60 models? whats involved in chasis work wise about installing a 5.3 and 4l60e
i know u need the computer an wiring harness an stuff. and ive seen threads about people putting them in 84s and other 80 models. but what about the 60 models that came with the inline 6? any cutting or any fabrication to the firewall?