The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
Woogeroo

Question 1965 c10 vent window alignment issue

Howdy folks.

I replaced the rubber around the vent window and the main glass on the passenger side of my 1965 c10 pickup.

Now I am having an alignment issue... the top part of the vent window glass is catching on the rubber seal on the post/pillar and not wanting to close, unless I push the top of the glass toward the front of the truck, and then close it.

I am thinking that the pivot point on the angled part of the vent window frame is off somehow, but I have not figured out any way to adjust it. I don't know that this is the issue, I am just guessing really.

It was fine before I replaced the rubber, so I must have changed something, somehow.

I did not have this issue with the driver side when I did it last year.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-W
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Malibob

Re: 1965 c10 vent window alignment issue

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing- I thought it may have been the new door I put on. I think we need to go in and tighten the spring bolt under the vent. For whatever reason, this is the only point of adjustment and was the only thing I could think of. If you try it and it works let me know, same visa versa.

Flickr
Malibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Woogeroo

I tried tightening the spring, but did not seem to help.

I think I may have to take the whole thing back out and get a good look at what is going on.

-W
Old 08-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
Malibob

Well if you figure out what it was, let me know. Interested to see what it was.

Flickr
Malibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Woogeroo

Wink Re: 1965 c10 vent window alignment issue

This was the issue I was having.

I took the door panel off... took the following loose or out: three screws up at the top, the two big screw bolts inside behind the panel, and the ones at the end of the door that holds the bracket for the rubber seal...

Then! I did some wiggling around with the vent window frame and the glass closed much easier. Then I tightened it back up and still had some issues... so, I started thinking with the new seals, everything is a lot tighter, with less slack or movement.

I played around with the top three screws that go through the top of the door into the vent window assembly... then snugged up the two in the door behind the panel.

Then... everything else and put it all back together.

I lubed up the regulator with some PB Blaster and so far, so good.

-W
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
gulffishin

Vent windows are such a pain. I've had the seals for mine for over a month and still haven't gotten up the nerve/patience to fix them yet
gulffishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
db65

These are always tough, is the new gasket pushed all the way into the frame, you could have some play in the hinge/rivet. Sometimes tightening the 3 screws on the outside of the door will pull the frame in tighter to give you just enough play for the window to shut. The nut with the spring is just for adjusting the tightness of open/closing the window. Sometimes I've had some success putting some spray silicone on the rubber which makes the window close easier. The glass could be slightly out of the frame too. You only probably need 1/16" or less so it doesn't take much. You've just got to play with it to get a little adjustment here and there to get it to work. Good Luck!