The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
JesseSimon
Asks alot of questions

What have I gotten myself into?!!! 1960 Apache

Well, I was searching for a parts truck for my '77 and ACCIDENTALLY bought this 1960 Apache short stepper. Drove 2 hours to it and drove it back 2 hours, no issues. Body is all rotted up and cut up. Someone added a sunroof...yep a sun roof haha. At some point it looks like someone had a high rise carb or something and cut a hole in the hood...sheet metal screwed on now as a patch. Rot everywhere, even a bunch above the windshield thanks to the sunroof. Oh yeah and the passenger side rear fender appears to have the word "GAY" sanded into it....I mean hey the truck is rad no matter his sexual preference happens to be.

But...there is some good stuff here. This truck absolutely burns up the asphalt. Oldsmobile engine. Haven't checked the block code yet to see what it is. Previous owner said it is a Big Block 350 haha...right on dude. B&M slap shifter. Dude has 2003 Silverado buckets and console in it which I ripped out today and put a good bench in. It has been lowered some, rides nice. Dude said he was told it has a posi rear end....anyone here able to tell by the picture?

Been fun driving it around today......$600

'07 MAZDA 3 (the wife's ride)
JesseSimon is offline   Reply With Quote