The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2003, 01:38 AM   #1
outlaw

Question door locks

I have a question and was hoping that someone might be able to help me out and would greatly apprichiated, I have a 1995 Ford Ranger and I currently can not unlock the doors with the key, there is a plastic clip that goes on the back of the door lock assy. that connects to a metal rod that runs down to the door latch assy. the plastic clip is broken and when I bought the truck the passanger side was already broken so when the drivers side broke I did not have one to compare it to, I don't know of anyone around the house that has one, I tried every way that I could think of to make it work an every way that I tried to hook it up it seemed to be too short. I would apprechiate it greatly if someone could send me a picture a diagram or explain it in great detail of how this aggrivating Son of a _itch hooks up, somebody HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP MMMMEEEEE!
outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 11:20 AM   #2
cdowns

What do you need door locks on a ford WHO"S GUNNA STEAL IT?????
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 11:31 PM   #3
chevykid04
4 speed, hurst shiftin

break into it, tear the door apart, and get an assembly from your F*rd dealer, and next time, buy chevy... i think that solves all your problems/questions
Old 02-24-2003, 01:33 AM   #4
outlaw

I bought the part that I need from the dealer but can't figer out how it goes back together due to the fact that both sides are broken, and I do own chevrolets in fact I own 3 of them this just happens to be the only ford that I have and kinda wish I hadn't bought it. I would go look at the picture at the dealer if I was at home but I am on a drilling rig in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico just asking to see if anyone could help if possible. Thanks a Bunch
Old 02-24-2003, 01:38 AM   #5
outlaw

there is a plastic clip on the back of the door lock assy. on the inside of the door there is a medal rod that runs down to the door latch assy. I bought the plastic clips already but when I go to hook it all together it seems to be to short and don't know what I am doing wrong in putting it back together can't compare sides since both sides are broken. any help will greatly apprechiated " Danny"
Old 02-24-2003, 07:53 PM   #6
82 Silverado 4X
Genuine Chevrolet

Boy, I wish I could help but I've never seen the inside if a Ranger door. This is "one tight Chevy group" and I see it is really rough on NON-CHEVY questions.
Here's some ideas you might look into:
Is it possible that the rod doesn't go directly down to the latch?Maybe it toggles off another joint foward of the latch where the mechanism for the inside lock is and the hole in the latch that you are trying to hook into would be for the power lock option.
82 Silverado 4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:02 AM   #7
Dropped67step
Gearhead since birth

Hey outlaw what company do you work for my bro is out in the gulf on a rig I have a old ford ranger book some where I will dig and see if i can find it and see if it has any info in there on the locks oper. Later B.
Dropped67step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:48 AM   #8
outlaw

thanks dropped67step any information u can give me will be a big help, I work for Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc., who does you brother work for, Thanks again
Danny