The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Regions

Yes there is a section in this forum that very little people look at called Regions check it out. You can find pics and info on future meets in your area. You must be a member and signed in. Had a thread here for members to meet but got moved to this ghost town section. So lets start viewing it more. REGIONS
Cali members check this out. 5th Annual C/10 Club Get Together

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY

Last edited by KevsClassics; 08-25-2010 at 12:28 AM.
KevsClassics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
C/10 King

Re: Regions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevsClassics View Post
Yes there is a section in this forum that very little people look at called Regions check it out. You can find pics and info on future meets in your area. You must be a member and signed in. Had a thread here for members to meet but got moved to this ghost town section. So lets start viewing it more. REGIONS
Cali members check this out. 5th Annual C/10 Club Get Together
Who's bright idea was it to move our thread? How are we going to get members from other states to attend if it's only in the Ca. section? It doesn't make any sense to me.
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"

Last edited by C/10 King; 08-27-2010 at 12:18 AM.
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

There is an entire southwest, southeast, midwest etc section. There are also by state sections. If we allow all posts to be in this section, we may as well just merge the entire site into one area.. The regions section is a far cry from a ghost town with 63k posts in it.

No offense, but use the index page http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard and explore a little bit. There is a whole lot of information outside the 67-72 area.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
There is an entire southwest, southeast, midwest etc section. There are also by state sections. If we allow all posts to be in this section, we may as well just merge the entire site into one area.. The regions section is a far cry from a ghost town with 63k posts in it.

No offense, but use the index page http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard and explore a little bit. There is a whole lot of information outside the 67-72 area.
I know that but no many members do. I posted this to try to get members to use these section. Also why can't we post get togethers in main section its the only way to get the word out? Also hardly anybody goes to Site feedback & announcements.

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevsClassics View Post
I know that but no many members do. I posted this to try to get members to use these section. Also why can't we post get togethers in main section its the only way to get the word out? Also hardly anybody goes to Site feedback & announcements.
You crack me up.. there are just under 8k posts in this area. So its again obvious folks do. Just because you may not, does not mean the entire site does not. Statistics prove otherwise...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

With that attitude though of not posting in the right forums, ignoring rules, etc. Doesn't help get the forums read more often. It's like someone coming into your home and doing your dishes. When they put them up though they feel that since the silverware drawer is so hard to reach they put all the silverware in the cup cabinet, the putting the cups in the fridge and the tiny saucer plates no one uses in the silverware drawer so they will use them more often...
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
79gmcc15
Gettin It One Pice At A Time

63k views in regional section? Wow! It would probably be more then safe to x that by 5 to get views. Which would give you more of a idea of how many people views see the regional.

Per post I mean.

If that makes sense.

Work In Progress 1979 GMC C1500 Trailering Special.
Getting the truck done, one piece at a time.

“You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans.”Ronald Reagan

“I don’t know the key to success but I know the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” Bill Cosby

Last edited by 79gmcc15; 08-25-2010 at 10:55 PM.
79gmcc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
You crack me up.. there are just under 8k posts in this area. So its again obvious folks do. Just because you may not, does not mean the entire site does not. Statistics prove otherwise...
You crack me up. if you check cali. section Most of thread are started by me. I'm always there. My regions thread if you read it is telling people to check it out. Not trying to be a pain. Just trying to get more action in regional section.

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY
Old 08-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

You should brush the cyber chip off your shoulder. Its quite unbecoming.

I am aware that you post in that section. Out of the 160 threads in there, you have started 29 of them. That is in the cali section. I didnt feel like going through the southeast or southwest as well.. We all know there are posts there, from years back, before the states were added.

I really don't know if you are taking things the wrong way, or just coming across wrong yourself. This entire discussion can be summed up in one quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
With that attitude though of not posting in the right forums, ignoring rules, etc. Doesn't help get the forums read more often. It's like someone coming into your home and doing your dishes. When they put them up though they feel that since the silverware drawer is so hard to reach they put all the silverware in the cup cabinet, the putting the cups in the fridge and the tiny saucer plates no one uses in the silverware drawer so they will use them more often...

We all appreciate your involvement in the community. We would also appreciate a conscious effort of posting in the proper areas. This is something we have gone through in the past, and apparently now again.

If someone reading this is confused. It comes down to this.
-The year specific boards are for year specific related topics.
-Paint, 4x4 related, suspension etc, that is not year specific, go into the related general truck forums (ie paint and body, suspension, electrical)
-Parts go in the parts for sale forums,
-whole vehicles go in the truck for sale area.
-Site feedback and announcements is for folks to give suggestions, ask questions and the admins to post announcements.
-Regions are for area specific items, meeting folks, get togethers, cruises, shows. There is the option to post by state, or post in the region so multiple states can view
-Review, is for customer feedback on sales good or bad with any vendor
-Bad reviews is for folks having problems with sales via this site to iron things out, when other resources have been tried.
-General Discussion, is for jokes and off topic conversation.
-WIW, if it is an item the poster owns, it would need to go into the wiw forum. This forum is part of the classified ads, and is a subscription benefit. however... if it is an item someone is trying to purchase, discussion is allowed on the message area the topic corresponds with.

There are always going to be gray areas. I hope the above helps a little. There are descriptions under most forum listings at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php

Thanks