The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
WCRiot

I need Bed dimensions

Could someone please give me the width and length of the bed for a 67-72 C-10?
I know the wheel well makes the bed narrower in a sense, but ignore those wheel wells for now.
If one of these 2WD trucks is at stock height, can those wheel wells be cut out to make the bed flat? without having any rubbing issues?

I want to see if I can tow my A-Mod race car int he back of the bed of one of these trucks. It would be the perfect excuse to buy one
WCRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
Jacfourteen
Big Red - Now its a SWB!

Re: I need Bed dimensions

long or short? I'm guessing that you mean a fleetside bed because of your saying the wheelwells make the bed narrower.
68 3/4 ton (Project)-350 Small Block, .030 over, 10:1 comp, 3998993 heads, C3BX edelbrock intake, comp cams XE268, Holley 670 SA, long tube headers, dual flow 40's, E-fan, Alum rad, currently under the knife getting shortened and bagged build thread
41 3/4 ton (wife's)-flatbed, fully restored to original
01 Tahoe LT 4WD (my daily driver)-Magnaflow Muffler, Rollin on 22's
02 Ford Mustang Convertable (Wife's Car)-Flowmaster 50, Clear corners, Intake, sittin on 18's

Last edited by Jacfourteen; 08-26-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Jacfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
WCRiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacfourteen View Post
long or short? I'm guessing that you mean a fleetside bed because of your saying the wheelwells make the bed narrower.
I am asking about both really but I do prefer the short bed trucks. But the wheelbase of the race car is something like 76inches so I might need to find me a long bed.

When I discuss the wheel wells being in the truck bed, I think this applies to both bed types but I am honestly not too sure. I am no expert here, that is why I am asking these nood questions.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
FLEET72

If memory serves (my truck isn't here) 66" between the rails (sides) 50" between the inner fender wells 73" long for a short bed and 97" for a long bed.. Not positive on the lengths but pretty sure on the widths.
'69 GMC Custom Camper
FLEET72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
WCRiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEET72 View Post
If memory serves (my truck isn't here) 66" between the rails (sides) 50" between the inner fender wells 73" long for a short bed and 97" for a long bed.. Not positive on the lengths but pretty sure on the widths.

Okay thank you for that. I will continue to follow up reading this post so that someone can confirm these dimensions.

I'll have to take some measurements off the car's track and wheel base to confirm. The problem I see are those inner fender wells being in the way of an easy roll in.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
KEL
72 GMC

He has a great memory. His measurements are right on.
But at the tailgate, my rails come in to about 65".
KEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
raycow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRiot View Post
If one of these 2WD trucks is at stock height, can those wheel wells be cut out to make the bed flat? without having any rubbing issues?
I have a fleetside at stock height. My tires are about 28" and it looks like they would rub if the wheel wells were replaced with a flat floor. I think a couple inches of lift would get it to clear though.

Ray
raycow is offline   Reply With Quote