The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
67_396

Arrow Your opinion??

hello everyone,

as you know, I am new here... and have many questions. First of all, I have to thank longhornmail for sending me here. First off... I am planning on buying a '67 chevy C20. The body is good, but the suspension is sey up for truck pulling and has a rear end with real deep gears. I would like to know if you think it is a good truck to buy, or if would take too much time and money. Trucks are all new to me, I mainly know about nova's and chevelles. I have attached a picture.
67_396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:52 PM   #2
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

Well it depends on the price. Does it have a windshield in it? From the picture it looks like its gone or extremely clean .
Looks like you will need some fenders and a hood. Best thing to do is to see what is cheaper. That truck plus the price to replace the parts and gearing or a truck that already has the right gearing and sheetmetal is good.
Maximum Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:08 PM   #3
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

What do you plan on doing to it? Custom, restore, daily driver?

From the picture of the truck it looks like someone has done some stuff to it which depending on their capabilties and quality of workmanship can be a bad thing. I myself generally prefer to steer clear of these types of trucks all together, but thats just me. You never know what is hiding underneath paint that was sprayed by someone else.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:14 AM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Hey there...glad you made it over ehre. Nothign wrong with any of the other boards, but sometimes you just need more traffic on your posts.
Something I noticed on that truck, if you were to get it and start putting it back together, (asuming a fairly stock body would be wanted) the front fenders will need replaced or repaired. If you look where the bumper used to be, the fender pockets have been hacked off.
There is quite a bit of stuff that truck is needing just to be street legal. That alone should not stop you from getting it, but nothing blows worse than getting a vehicle only to realize later that you can't afford to put it on the road for a long time.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote