The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2003, 12:54 AM   #1
Chevy Wrench
former desert rat

Location: salt lake city, utah Home of the 3 M's Mormons, methlabs and minivans
Anyone see my Blazer?

Well, looks as though I will get to work on my 67 a little sooner than first anticipated. Seems that some lowlife peice of Sh#* stole my Blazer this afternoon. Parked right out front of my shop, in the middle of the afternoon!!! Can you beleive the nerve of some people? Well at least it was insured for theft. And now its supposed to snow tomarrow. Now Im charging the batteries on my dropped 94 truck. Oh, that will be fun. Plowing snow with 18" wheels and custom paint. Nice.......... anyway Im mad as hell and drinking lots. Later guys and gals.
John
94 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4/6 drop w/ 18's and 2500watt system (work truck). 67 Chevy swb under const. frame off custom, 20's, bagged and a large rat under the hood,and a 1940 Chevy truck under const.
Chevy Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:13 AM   #2
pissonNOS

Angry

i feel your pain man. one of my buddys just got his duallies ripped off when he was in for supper at a restaurant it had a 502 so im guessing thats what they were after still pisses you off
Old 02-25-2003, 01:18 AM   #3
70blazer

Blazer

Give me some specifics about your blazer, year, color, and photo if possible. I live in Layton and work in West Valley. I can keep my eye out and watch the paper, truck trader etc.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:32 AM   #4
Chevy Wrench
former desert rat

It was (is) a 77 With a 6" lift 33" tires, red on top and bottom white in the middle. No rust, the wheels were the old champ 500 style. Like centerlines with 5 holes. No pics. Just your average Blazer. It had my Oakley sunglasses in it, my cell phone( I've been calling it all day..HAHA) My check book and credit cards, a brand new cannon eos camera with tripod, and 12 feet of carpet padding rolled up in the back seat... Not much to go on. The engine is a Small Block 400 that really smoked the hides. Oh yeh, the top is white as well. Where do you work in West Valley? I work at Scotts Auto and Clutch in South Salt Lake. I just put a new interior in it. Mostly blue and grey velour. Low back buckets, non tilt wheel. Just average... Thanks for your help.
-John
94 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4/6 drop w/ 18's and 2500watt system (work truck). 67 Chevy swb under const. frame off custom, 20's, bagged and a large rat under the hood,and a 1940 Chevy truck under const.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:38 AM   #5
casey

I wish this forum had a stolen section, so we all could stay updated, on stolen units, man that pisses me off, I don't know what I'd do if I caught some one sealin my truck, I think I'd snap, stealin a mans wheels what a low life thing to do
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:54 AM   #6
baggedblaz

John,
i get out alot during the day i'll keep my eyes open up north in the bountiful,kaysville,layton,ogden area!
that really sucks sorry to hear it..
i live in layton as well and i'll pass the word..
'95 chev 2wd Xcab swb
baggedblaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:09 AM   #7
70blazer

I work down at the Discover Card building at 2500 S. and Bangeter Hwy. I wouldn't be suprised to see it show up in our parking lot. We have had about a dozen stolen vehicles parked in our lot over the last 2 months. We are open 24-7 so it takes a while for someone to notice a car that has not moved for a few days.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:29 AM   #8
Chevy Wrench
former desert rat

Hey, thanks guys. Means alot to me. Years ago, I was in a volkswagen club( Im talkin teenage here) We used to go out and race everyone we could piss off. Mind you, this was before the birth of the internet and before cars had brains, just muscle. Well, anytime one of us would have something stolen or get into any kind of jam, you could always count on at least one club member who was out there with you driving down streets and alleys looking for the ride. What Im getting at is, this board kind of has that same club feel to it. Now Im getting all weepy with ya. its really cool to see that in this day and age. Keep it up guys, we're working on trucks that are extinct, and creating something that you just cant go down to Crazy Ed's Toyota and buy. I think we deserve some kind of medal. Wait, does patch panels and new fenders count?
Keep the faith,
John
Old 02-25-2003, 09:57 PM   #9
sakohntr

u2

You mean there are other people out there who drive the alleys lookin for treasures? A 12 pack, Stevie Ray Vaughn and a full tank of gas. What a way to waste a saturday.....
1972 C30 longhorn,BB/AT,A/C,Tilt,Toolbox,lokr
1987 K20 Chevrolet Suburban. 6" lift. 5.7L/TH400 1979 K60 GMC Coleman 4x4, 427/Allison.
sakohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:37 AM   #10
71blazerman

My dad's 67 impala was stolen last week, we put an ad in the antique and classic car for sale section and got calls like crazy. The same people that read this section are the ones that would recognize a truck like yours if they saw it. It sounds like a waste of money, but the car is back in my garage now. Good luck, sorry to hear about it, I can deffinately relate.

Scott
71blazerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:57 AM   #11
orange72350

man, i feel so sorry for ya. losing yer pride and joy to some scum who doesnt who the meaning of the word respect. i know what yer going through. my bro doug was killed 4 years ago in a snowmobiling accident. it was always his dream 2 fix up his 69 charger. After doug died, we drug the charger 2 the shop in town 2 go to work. it was in alright shape, but needed paint and interior work. We left the car outside overnight, locked up, in a well lit and busy part of town. We came in the next mornign to nothing but a pile of broken glass. it was rough man. never did find the car. but what im saying is, dont let it get u down. ull find yer blazer. id help ya look, but im in the wrong part of da world. anywho, keep looking for it. u;ll find it.;

2000 skiddo mxz 700. Camoplast 1.5 inch track, jaws twin pipes, b+b can, custom built and weighted clutch, wiseco piston, high comp heads. its very fast. wow.

72 c-10 longbox. Bright Orange. Brand new 350, rv cam, performer intake, qjet, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust into hooker areo chamber mufflers. Body work coming soon.

"dont let yer mind wander, its to little to go places by itself."

"Forget the herse, cause i'll never die"-ACDC Back In Black

"If It's To Loud, Yer Just Too Old"

"I Love Anything Fast Enough To Do Something Stupid In"

"Instant idiot, just add beer!!""
orange72350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 02:14 AM   #12
z71runner
nothin to say

Hey man sorry about the loss. I have never had a vehicle stolen, but I could imagine how I would feel if my truck was stolen. Best of luck to finding it.