The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
Permafrost

My Heck-of-a-deal Craigs List Find....

Well, this '68 K10 LWB was listed on my local Craigs List a couple of months ago. (I'm just now getting aroung to posting this) I thought it was some sort of scam or typo; it was listed for a $100.
It had a local number, so I called. Yep that is the ammount it was for sale for; couldn't see much from the picture on CL, but what it was had me headed immediately to the seller. I was lucky to be the first on site and had cash in hand. The seller was a Ford guy and didn't care about it, just wanted it gone!
It didn't run, missing the carb but looked complete. Still had the original owners manual in the glovebox! Last registration was over 20 years ago. I drug it home, cleaned it out and started an inventory. RH rocker has some pin-hole rust but the rest is solid. Body is remarkably straight, but it's had a couple of paint jobs in it's lifetime.
Put a bar on the engine and it turns over. Replaced a battery cable, added a battery, replaced some fluids and and the starter spun the engine over to the point it built oil pressure!
I pulled out an old 2bbl I had laying around, popped it apart and cleaned it up, and bolted in down to the intake. Some fresh fuel and it was running! Albiet smoking profusely but running, no knocks.
Brakes held and I took it for a spin around the block.
It's not quite a driver, but a great start for a resto project.
If I get started on it this Winter, maybe I'll do a build thread.
Thanks for looking.

'68 K10
'68 Chevelle SS
Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote