The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Larry (TX)

New Guy w/'72 Super Cheyenne - ?/'s & WTB

Hey guys, Larry S., a retired fire service veteran here in southeast TX with a (new to me) frame up restored '72 long bed Super Cheyene (I've got photos, but not a clue how to post them).

As I've just discovered that the bench seat now in the truck is obviously not an original (think it must have come w/buckets), can anyone advise what nice bucket seats (not highbacks) will bolt in to the floor of this model?

Also looking to buy a set of original bumper guards for it (ordered a set from a well known vendor and they don't come anywhere near fitting the contour of the bumper).

And if anyone should have them, I'd also like to buy a set (L & R) of Unity spotlight mounting brackets (even if they need re-chroming) for this cab style truck.

Any and all help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry
Larry (TX) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
nyncompute

Re: New Guy w/'72 Super Cheyenne - ?/'s & WTB

Hi
Welcome! I'm a retired fire service guy as well . I like to work on these old trucks a lot and have found this board to be a valuable resource for parts as well as information. These guys know their Old Chevys for sure. I'm sure you'll use this site often I'm always needing an odd bolt or bracket etc.

One of the mods will probably let you know in time, but in order to ask for parts, or determine what-its-worths, or to sell you'll have to be a subscribing member which costs a couple of saw bucks a year. Its worth it and is the price of a well run site.
Good luck and glad you got out safe
Old 09-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
nutsforchevys

Re: New Guy w/'72 Super Cheyenne - ?/'s & WTB

Welcome to the board!
I have a driverside unity spotlight with bracket you can have, if you are ever up Stephenville way.
nutsforchevys is offline   Reply With Quote