The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
fyah

Talking back and beyond happy now!!!

well I'm back after a long time missing in action,if you don't remember me I'm the one with the 85 dually http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=408525

well I'm back with some good news and bad news...bad new:i sold my dually after only owning for ruffly 1 month and drove it a max time of 3 times...good news:i got my dream truck now 1985 gmc sierra class 1500 this damn thing is clean as a whistle and it was a steal the guy wanted $1000 for it and i got him down to $600 cuz it wasn't running and he didn't really know why so i took a shot in the dark and took it to a friend and for 3 days we work on it and all that was wrong was a bad fuel pump after we drop that thing in it runs like a beast it only has 90k miles on it.i have went through 2 tank of gas in 5 days for driving so damn much for no reason lol...

Last edited by fyah; 09-28-2010 at 08:49 PM.
fyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
PRattenbury

Re: back and beyond happy now!!!

Welcome back! Nice looking ride. Much better than the one I paid $1100 for.
PRattenbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
79gmcclassic

nicee

Freshly lowered 5 inches

79gmcclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
dccarpenter

Nice pickup
dccarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
nbpro
Account Suspended

Welcome back Nice truck
nbpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
CaliDude76
All About the BOWTIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyah View Post
.... so i took a shot in the dark and took it to a friend and for 3 days we work on it and all that was wrong was a bad fuel pump after we drop that thing in it runs like a beast it only has 90k miles on it.i have went through 2 tank of gas in 5 days for driving so damn much for no reason lol...
[/URL]
Nice score! and bonus on the easy fix!!... that's just the beginning... be prepared to watch that odometer flip over Zero's quite a few times....mine had over 400K on the original motor before stabbing a new 350 in it...

"... Being "SQUARE".. is where it's at...."

Proverbs 15:30 .... "A Cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones..."
Be exceedingly blessed today, my friends!...
CaliDude76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 AM   #7
Davidmichael

grats
81 8 foot bed made into a trailer
86 Suburban going to be made into a trailer
91 Suburban 4x4 = that's my baby
00 S10 Xtreme STD Cab
01 S10 ZR2
Davidmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
fyah

thanks everyone you guys rock...it just have some minor fixes i need to tackle and was wondering if you guys can give me some idea's in what it could be as of right now there 2 things i need to fix........1)some of my dashboard meters are not working,the only ones that are working is the speedometer and the gas meter.all the rest don't work.......

2) the horn and cab light don't work so i check the fuse and it was a blown fuse so i change it and walla they came on but after driving ruffly 10ft i went to honk my horn at my friend when i was leaving his house and the horn was out again when i got home and open the door the cab light was out too so im taking it that there is a short some were and was wondering if u guys have clue were it could be
Old 09-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
CaliDude76
All About the BOWTIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyah View Post
thanks everyone you guys rock...it just have some minor fixes i need to tackle and was wondering if you guys can give me some idea's in what it could be as of right now there 2 things i need to fix........1)some of my dashboard meters are not working,the only ones that are working is the speedometer and the gas meter.all the rest don't work.......

2) the horn and cab light don't work so i check the fuse and it was a blown fuse so i change it and walla they came on but after driving ruffly 10ft i went to honk my horn at my friend when i was leaving his house and the horn was out again when i got home and open the door the cab light was out too so im taking it that there is a short some were and was wondering if u guys have clue were it could be

1)...you could backtrack... i.e.. start with senders under hood, then maybe dirty contacts at circuit board behind dash, and or connection pins to the circuit board,(or maybe the board itself).. if not that... try replacing gauges,.. you could straight order em new... if on a budget.. try your luck at a junk-yard.. and pull off a few to see if they work... either way.. good luck!

2).. yeah.. finding shorts is tricky... could be anywhere.... my horn never really worked either.. ever since my dad bought the truck back in 89

"... Being "SQUARE".. is where it's at...."

Proverbs 15:30 .... "A Cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones..."
Be exceedingly blessed today, my friends!...

Last edited by CaliDude76; 09-29-2010 at 01:17 PM.
CaliDude76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
fyah

ok i don't know if this helps but today i was checking my fuse box and the horn and gauge fuse was blown so i change both and the second i turn the key the choke light came on for like 5 second then you hear a little tac noise and that's it both fuse blown change it and same thing thing happen so i have no clue whats causing does fuse to blow every time btw the fuse i was using says 30 on it and the box says use 20 but my friend said it shouldn't matter but i don't know if that's right