The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
DT1

Need opinions on exhaust manifolds.

One of my exhaust manifolds is cracked and I'm looking for a new set. The truck is 71 C10 350 with 70 heads.
Anyone have opinions on aftermarket (LMC) or should I look for original?
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
LandonL

Re: Need opinions on exhaust manifolds.

Unrelated to your specific application, I ordered a 250 6 cyl exhaust manifold from them. It was an "OEM" part as stamped in the casting. Looked to be of good quality, and bolted right up and fit perfectly considering the 6cyl's exhaust manifold mates to the intake. It mated to an original intake no problem, considering the manifolds your going to buy will most likely be cast by the same company I should see you having no problems. Maybe someone who actually bought those specific ones will comment.

---| 1967 GMC Stepside |--
250 L6 .030 over

---| 1985 Porsche 944/1 |---

Build Thread: '67 GMC
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=378640
LandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Here's a pic of a factory left side manifold. But, I'd also check out Summit Racings' brand of headers. They have the same part number base as Flow Tech, so it's kinda easy to see where they're from.
Attached Images

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
llowlife

I have about 15 -20 sets of "originals" I have been toying with sandblasting and painting. The problem with the originals is I have found some of the used ones have shrunk the outside ports and you can have a heck of a time getting that final bolt in straight. If you can find a good price I might say go with the new ones if the quality is there. By the time you get them blasted and painted I wonder how far you would be ahead?

72 short step w/ 388 /4l80e/ and 3.08 gears.
llowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
DT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowlife View Post
I have about 15 -20 sets of "originals" I have been toying with sandblasting and painting. The problem with the originals is I have found some of the used ones have shrunk the outside ports and you can have a heck of a time getting that final bolt in straight. If you can find a good price I might say go with the new ones if the quality is there. By the time you get them blasted and painted I wonder how far you would be ahead?
I found one on Ebay. The casting numbers are different but they look identical. Do you know if they interchange? My casting 3932478 Ebay casting 3832473
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Notrodder

[QUOTE=llowlife;4233345]The problem with the originals is I have found some of the used ones have shrunk the outside ports and you can have a heck of a time getting that final bolt in straight.[QUOTE]

You can make a tool that will spread them, enough for the outside bolts to line up, out of common hardware. I'll try to post pics, unless someone beats me to it.

Last edited by Notrodder; 10-10-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Notrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
llowlife

Just looked at your ebay number. Yeah it will fit yours providing you don't have any auxiliary holes in the front like the one pic'ed above. 50.00 seems kinda high to me though I have no idea what they go for anymore. If I get to my shop tonight I will pull my master parts catalog out and blow the dust off to check numbers.

72 short step w/ 388 /4l80e/ and 3.08 gears.
llowlife is offline   Reply With Quote