The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

HELP!!! Coolant in Oil Pan

350 bored .030 over...
I had a leaking head gasket (oil), and so pulled the heads and replaced the head gaskets with copper head gaskets. (The ones that don't need to be o-ringed, and that have the sealant already on them.)
Anyway, after I get the motor all together, I start topping off the fluids, and my coolant is coming out of my oil pan.
The rad never got over half full, so it must be going up through the bottom rad hose into the water pump, but I can't understand where it would be going from there. And by never got over half full... I mean it was going into the oil pan that fast...
This motor was running fine when I tore it apart, and only had the oil leak at the back of the driver's side head gasket.

What could be wrong here?
Does the copper head gasket need to be run without coolant to get it to seat up or something?

HELP!!!
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???

Last edited by toddtheodd; 10-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote