The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
clear

Throttle rod help

I Ordered a swivel which attaches to the throttle rod and is supposed to keep it secure to firewall mounted pedal rod. The only problem is my swivel did not come with anything to secure it in place. I ordered this one here, part # 3390N. I notice in their picture it has some little piece of metal on the inside of it which could be used to secure it possibly? but mine did not come with that. They also have this one 3391N which looks like it uses a cotter pin which I will probably end up buying. I just don't want to order another one if the first one should have come with a retainer or something. Anyone have any thoughts on this little guy?

Last edited by clear; 10-14-2010 at 12:20 PM.
clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
clear

Re: Throttle rod help

I think what you did was confuse the two swivels. The first swivel you order is supposed to attach to the carb. The second item number you have there is supposed to attach the the throttle rod on the firewall.
clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
MAK191

Re: Throttle rod help

You didn't say what year and what engine you have.

Here is a picture of one I had on my 70 GMC with a 250 engine that I sold a while back. The gas pedal would be on the right and the carb on the left. Hope that helps
Attached Images

MAK191 is offline   Reply With Quote