The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
jbgroby

OH Jeez what a AFTERNOON.

IF you laugh at this story, you won't hurt my feelings, Becasue IF I saw someone else go through this, I'd laugh too.

Awhile back we did the topic of Mutts in your Truck, we'll today we adopted a Chocolate Lab mix at the pound. Still a puppy and all fixed, wormed and stuff. I told the daughter I'd bring it home.

WELLLLLLLL that plan did not go quite as expected, because low and behold, somwhere around mile marker 6 (out of 42) she deposited a nice runny gift all over the passinger seat. I don't know what they feed those dogs at the pound, BUT GOD IN HEAVEN it should be banned.

My wife has always told me that I scare the Sh*t out of her when I drive so maybe she was telling the truth.

I can tell you that there is no smell on earth quite like fresh dog S**t, well I stand corrected, IT can be worse at 65 mph with the windows up. Had to stop at a store buy some pinesol and a roll of paper towels. What do I do with the dog while I'm in the store? I was afraid to put her in the bed because some one might take her, so I had to leave her in the cab. Things don't get any easier, because GOD does have a sense of humor. Because as luck would have it there only 2 lanes open and at least 4 people in each with full or half full baskets. I eyed an old lady thinking I cut cut in front, but she had this nasty looking cane with notches cut in the handle, so I backed off in a hurry and waited my turn. All the while visons of sugarplums are dancing in my head imagining just how much damage I'll find back in the cab. That was a 5-10 minutes diaster happening.

OF COURSE she had to just explore her new territory and walk all over the bothsides of the damn seat, hopped up on the dash, hitting the radio, A/C controls, vents and company radio mike (ewww) got behind the seat and walked on my softsided briefcase as well as the work papers under the armrest.

With the puppy in the bed wailing away, there I'm am in the parking lot of a food store gagging and wiping. OF course it starts raining. I take out the hearing aids to keep'em dry and keep cleaning. IT stops railing long enough for a few people passing by to say "awwww look how cute", then the smell hit'em and the had a change of heart. After I got what I think is 90% cleaned. I poured a bit of pinesol on the floor, the seats and behind the seats. bannished her to the floor and drove the rest of the way home with the windows cracked to help evac the smell.

I get home and it's raining again (Go Figure) and I had to use lysol, scrubbing bubbles, a brush, and more rags to get the smell out of the seats. I then gave everything a very liberal bath in fabreeze. I would not be surprised to see the seats change color.

BUT How can I hate her.

Look if you dare
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2535...54402330MVuzJP
Attached Images

Last edited by jbgroby; 10-27-2010 at 09:23 PM.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote