The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Patriot

Question I need your help fellas.. about a 75 Blazer

Here is the story... I have an old friend(he's 71yo) who has a CRAPLOAD of cool cars. He has 5 K5 Blazers. 2 1975s and 3 around 77-79. He has this one that has no motor or tranny(no big deal, I have many) but the problem is the truck is in REALLY bad shape. The top is perfect and the floors from the back of the front seats and rockers are COMPLETELY gone. He would probably just give me the thing because today he offered me his 79 K5(REAL NICE RIG) for free. I LOVE K5 Blazers and already have 2. I wouldn't mind having more. So here the question.....Do they make COMPLETE aftermarket panels for these trucks. Meaning can I or SHOULD I restore a FULL TOP Blazer????

I already have 7 Trucks/Blazers and a FSJ Golden Eagle Jeep. Do I need more. I can't seem to complete my projects now.

Thanks guys. I know you guys have the answers.

Patriot.....
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
GMC Guy

Re: I need your help fellas.. about a 75 Blazer

hey you can't beat free. even if you clean em up and re-sell them
L33 5.3/4l65e

.................__
............._____l __\__
..............l_(O)_ l___(O)]
GMC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: I need your help fellas.. about a 75 Blazer

The only problem is that a lot of the important parts of an early Blazer are not reproduced (rocker boxes, etc). If you look at Russgt's '76 build, you can see all of the parts they had to fabricate on a Half top Blazer, that doesn't need nearly as much bracing. I had a '77 that had the roof cut and sectioned with a '73 roof header, and I can assure you there is a reason that they need the rocker boxes. You could feel mine flex a ton going down the road, and it was 2wd.

If the roof is nice, you could always put it aside for another one. There is a pretty decent '74 jimmy project for sale in the classifeids, too.