The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
momo805

vent window delete?

hello all, i have a 62 and i was thinking of completely removing the vent window and frame. i have 2 questions... first is it possible to have a single window ride smoothly in the door track (after the vent is gone)? and second, has anyone done this that may have pics?
momo805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
badriand

Re: vent window delete?

there are some other posts on here about it. do a search for vent widow removal or something. tried to find it real quick but didn't have any luck.
badriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
Real_McCoy

This would be a sweet mod. I am thinking of doing this myself. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
Real_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
badriand

here is the link i was looking for earlier and there is another link about 3 or 4 posts down that has more detail.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...dow+conversion
badriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
TopFuel1966

I converted my '66 to one-piece side glass and it's fairly simple to do because of the trapezoid shape of the window frame. The '60-'63, on the other hand, I think would be a bear to do because of the wrap-around windshield which makes the A-pillar slant in the opposite direction of the '64-'66 forming the shape of a parallelogram. Unless you can figure out a way to make the glass move laterally as well as vertically I don't think it would be possible. Of course, anything can be done for the right price. The only other issue with any of these trucks is the door checks. They need to be made to move in the opposite direction otherwise they will interfere with the full width glass.

Last edited by TopFuel1966; 10-29-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling
TopFuel1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
Real_McCoy

Thanks for the links and additional information. I will look it all over to decide if I want this option or not.
Real_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

There was another thread about this just a couple days ago.

Yes it is possible and yes it's been done. Here is a link to a member that figured out how to do it...... post #89

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...=324303&page=4
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
GGinferno
DiablosWeldingFabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopFuel1966 View Post
I converted my '66 to one-piece side glass and it's fairly simple to do because of the trapezoid shape of the window frame. The '60-'63, on the other hand, I think would be a bear to do because of the wrap-around windshield which makes the A-pillar slant in the opposite direction of the '64-'66 forming the shape of a parallelogram. Unless you can figure out a way to make the glass move laterally as well as vertically I don't think it would be possible. Of course, anything can be done for the right price. The only other issue with any of these trucks is the door checks. They need to be made to move in the opposite direction otherwise they will interfere with the full width glass.
You got more info on how and what you used for the one piece window? I got a 66 and i also want to convert to a 1 piece!
GGinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
billysbowties

Thumbs up Re: vent window delete?

Yea me too, any info you would like to give up on the process of the one piece glass on a 66 would be greatly appreciated. There is a article in one of the magazines but it looks like a lot of work and it doesn't address the door checks at all, I also saw somewhere you could use the rear door checks off of a jeep 4 door wagon and make them work I have a couple of sets of them I guess I'll find out if they work.
billysbowties is offline   Reply With Quote