The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Big Fenders

GMC Headlight Bezels

Iv'e got a 1960 GMC and need headlight bezels [quad lights]. Will headlight bezels from a 1962 with quad lights fit??Finding parts for this GMC a lot harder than my 63 Chevy but that's half the fun..
Bob
Big Fenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: GMC Headlight Bezels

The GMC grille and headlight bezels are the same from 60-66. The only thing that changed in that period was the grille letters in 66, which became square and had a red stripe.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
jbgroby

Big Fenders,

I too have the '60 and one thing I've noticed is that when we mount the headlights to the bucket and then use new after market headlight rings (they hold the bulbs in place) and you use the adjuster screws I seem to have a hard time getting the dual caps/Cover in place.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what but I had a devil of a time getting them to fit and sit right. Anyone else had this happen?
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Big Fenders

Thumbs up Re: GMC Headlight Bezels

Thanks guys for the help...I do know that there are two tab and three tab headlight rings that hold the bulb...I have one bucket that doesn't belong on my vehicle so that s another part for me to look for.
Bob
Big Fenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
Big Fenders,

I too have the '60 and one thing I've noticed is that when we mount the headlights to the bucket and then use new after market headlight rings (they hold the bulbs in place) and you use the adjuster screws I seem to have a hard time getting the dual caps/Cover in place.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what but I had a devil of a time getting them to fit and sit right. Anyone else had this happen?
I always have a very hard time getting my passenger side headlight rim back in place. It's because the original owner hit a deer and damaged the eyebrow over the passenger side headlights, and mangled the headlight mounting pan. I replaced the pan and all of the alignment adjusters, but the deformed eyebrow was repaired with about 10 pounds of lead and still causes an interference fit. I have a mint original grille I was saving to chrome, but have grown to prefer the white grille and bumper. When weather permits it will get painted and installed solving the fit problem. The aftermarket retaining rings could be too big, but there could also be a minor deflection in either the grille or the headlight rim adding to the problem as well.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote