The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
1956cameo

Question about CC&C Package

Recently I picked up a 1969 model factory short bed, big block truck. It wasnt a CST; but it was a Custom. I would really like to restore it back to original so I have been trying to look up what all the Custom Comfort and Convenience package was comprised of. So far I am having little luck. Most publishings that I have seen say it was a trim option.

Can anyone tell me what the Custom Comfort and Convenience option comprised of in 1969?

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Question about CC&C Package

interested to hear..where's longhorn man when you need him
Old 11-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
71 super

CC&C was just trim. I know for sure they had bright trim on all windows, cigar lighter was part of it, lower molding, maybe full foam seat upgraded trim in interior- bright moldings at door panel (69-71 chrome top bar on panel) maybe different pattern in upolstery, both visors and both arm rests (they were optional in early years).
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

From my Truck Data Book, dated April 1, 1969, here is what customers were told is included when they ordered their new trucks.

Custom Comfort and Appearance: Includes bright metal rear window molding (except Panels); vent window and windshield moldings; cigar lighter; control knob trim; custom emblems; color-keyed floor mat and special insulation. Not available when Custom Sport Truck option is ordered.
Panel models.....
Cab and Pickup models: Also includes door trim panels and full-depth foam seat with fabric upholstery. Not available when bucket seats are ordered. Look for Z62.
Most of the trucks with this option also had the upper and lower moldings, but they were additional items to be checked-off. Look for BX1 and BX2.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.

Last edited by ChevLoRay; 11-02-2010 at 07:04 PM.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
1956cameo

Thanks for the replies. That will definately help me know how to put the truck back together. For some reason someone pulled most of the trim and interior out of this truck a long time ago.

I have another thread for this but; If anyone could post some pictures of the CC&C cloth seats and door panels that would be great.

Also, I have a 70 CST truck and other than the rear cab cargo light, headliner, tailgate trim strip, and woodgrain trim I don't see anything else that would be different between a CC&C truck and a CST truck. Were there any other differences?

'72 blazer 2wd build

Last edited by 1956cameo; 11-03-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

I looked at my book (Truck Data Book). There's a page that has pix of the interior, but I can't get the book cover off to take the page and make a copy. There's another page that shows both bench seats.... the standard one with vinyl and the one that comes with the package and has the vinyl seat with cloth inserts.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #7
1956cameo

ChevLoRay, Thanks for the help. I will have to look and see if I can find a copy of your book. Can you tell me who the author is?

'72 blazer 2wd build

Old 11-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
ChevyLvr4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
From my Truck Data Book, dated April 1, 1969, here is what customers were told is included when they ordered their new trucks.

Custom Comfort and Appearance: Includes bright metal rear window molding (except Panels); vent window and windshield moldings; cigar lighter; control knob trim; custom emblems; color-keyed floor mat and special insulation. Not available when Custom Sport Truck option is ordered.
Panel models.....
Cab and Pickup models: Also includes door trim panels and full-depth foam seat with fabric upholstery. Not available when bucket seats are ordered. Look for Z62.
Most of the trucks with this option also had the upper and lower moldings, but they were additional items to be checked-off. Look for BX1 and BX2.
ChevLoRay, I was looking at the rpo codes on outintheshop.com's website recently. I noticed there is a Z61 Custom Appearance Package and the Z62 Custom Comfort and Convenience that has been mentioned. Does your book have any info on the Z61, or do both of these packages have pretty close the same things?

1970 Chevy C10 LWB 307 3OTT 3.73 gear
ChevyLvr4Life is offline   Reply With Quote