The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
taylordise

Body guy in Tennessee

Does anyone know of any good body shops in Tennessee? I live in the Nashville area, but am willing to go pretty much anywhere in the state.

Thanks!
taylordise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
67cheby
67cheby

Re: Body guy in Tennessee

i have a guy here in Arkansas that is awesome and would be happy to transport i bet, he has an enclosed car hauler, and he loves 67-72 chevy trucks, check out his website (www.nexhotrods.com) very reasonable and show quallity
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
67cheby
67cheby

if you check out his website , look at the pro touring 69 camaro , it is unbelieveable, my truck is on his site as (ol blackie)
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
68Stepbed

The guy that id my 68 is in Jefferson City. His name is Wayne Raleigh. He was VERY reasonable on my truck. He also didn't keep it forever.

His cell # is 865-582-6503

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
cttandy

I am attempting to learn to do what I can by myself. My body man retired. Kinda like loosing an arm or something!
cttandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
hugger6933

Did you think of contacting NADC? I know it is a school but the instructor do work and they have a class for the very advanced. Just a thougt Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
colin_havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Did you think of contacting NADC? I know it is a school but the instructor do work and they have a class for the very advanced. Just a thougt Jim
Thats actually not a bad idea. If I remember correctly, Stacy David of Gears had them or another school paint one of his cars, the "Rat Roaster" I think it was called. The only way they learn is by having projects to work on, and you should be able to get a good paint job for a pretty low price.

However, if I had a decent size budget, and lived in your neckof the woods, I would take it to Eric at the Little Shop of Horrors. Eric is a metal working master, and can make just about anything. They do it all, from suspension to paint. They usually build bagged trucks, but occasionally they do some off the wall stuff. I have never had any work done for me by them, but I have seen several of their builds and they are amazing. Their website is here
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
mistertrose

I'm also in the Nashville, TN area and am in the middle of my own build. I checked out a garage in Mt Juliet last year by the name of Milestone Paint. Do a google search and check out his garage, pretty cool stuff. The owner is Jacob Miles and recently built a 57 Chevy Wagon that was shown at SEMA 2010 (I was there with the company I work for.) He and the car were featured on Powerblock TV a month or so ago. He's also part of the SEMA mentor program. Although I am not personally familiar with his work, you don't have all that happen without being pretty darn good. Give him a call and tell him Terry Rose (me) referred you.
mistertrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
cttandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_havens View Post
Thats actually not a bad idea. If I remember correctly, Stacy David of Gears had them or another school paint one of his cars, the "Rat Roaster" I think it was called. The only way they learn is by having projects to work on, and you should be able to get a good paint job for a pretty low price.

However, if I had a decent size budget, and lived in your neckof the woods, I would take it to Eric at the Little Shop of Horrors. Eric is a metal working master, and can make just about anything. They do it all, from suspension to paint. They usually build bagged trucks, but occasionally they do some off the wall stuff. I have never had any work done for me by them, but I have seen several of their builds and they are amazing. Their website is here

I know Stacey David's personally. He would NEVER take anything to NADC. I am probably going to get banned again by the admins for not being 100% supportive of everything in the world, but NADC is a JOKE. If you want your stuff damaged and destroyed, take it to them. If you want it fixed right, take it to someone else, ANYONE else.

NADC's diesel school is pretty good, and Stacey did a spot on diesel mechanics with them. That is all he would recommend them for.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttandy View Post
I am probably going to get banned again by the admins for not being 100% supportive of everything in the world, but NADC is a JOKE.
Keep trolling, and that is likely to happen.. Again, as said in PM, stay if you wish to act right.. if not feel free to log out.

Sorry to hijack the thread OP.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
cttandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Keep trolling, and that is likely to happen.. Again, as said in PM, stay if you wish to act right.. if not feel free to log out.

Sorry to hijack the thread OP.
I was answering a response, how is that trolling?

This is the second time I have been accused of trolling for responding to comments made.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #12
cttandy

Anyway, back on topic

I have found out that my old body guy's son is now running his own body shop just north of town a bit.

He isn't fast, never was when he worked for his Dad, but he does great work and is cheap. He doesn't have a paint both right now either. I guess you just have to start from some point. I will see if I can't get his information for you.

Last edited by cttandy; 11-11-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttandy View Post
I was answering a response, how is that trolling?

This is the second time I have been accused of trolling for responding to comments made.
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion (wikipedia)

Please keep on topic and keep the issues you have with the staff out of the thread. There is a site feedback area, as well as the PM system to handle complaints and concerns. Taking them publicly into an unrelated thread, is indeed trolling and against the rules.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #14
cttandy

I didn't do any of that, so by your description I wasn't doing that. I advising the OP to not take his vehicle to someone that is known in the area for doing very poor work.

If anything, the 2 responses by admins would be trolling.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

bye again.. trolling, creating a pissing match with staff as well as threats to our services in PM tend to not go over well.

OP I again apologize, and hope you can get the info you need
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #16
matchstick

I live in Crossville. I have a couple friends who run restoration shops and body shops. I can introduce you to these guys if you would like. PM me if you're interested.

What kind of paint job are you looking for? A 2k dollar quickie thats all the same color, or a perfect professional show quality job>
matchstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #17
taylordise

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstick View Post
What kind of paint job are you looking for? A 2k dollar quickie thats all the same color, or a perfect professional show quality job>
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I am new to the area so I didn't really know of any good shops around.

The truck is already painted actually, just looking for a good shop that can help me out with a few things and also be careful of the paint.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #18
matchstick

Just LMK if there's anything I can do.
matchstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #19
Rob H.

Not sure if they're still in business, it's been 22 years since I lived in the area, but a couple of shops in Franklin I remember was Lonnie Hazelwood's , also Randy Cathey's. I know they did good work back then but it's been awhile.
1952 Super "A" Farmall (Grandfather's)
Rob H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
taylordise

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstick View Post
Just LMK if there's anything I can do.
Thanks man, I truly appreciate it.