The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
Yukon 400

Retrofitting Newer Gauges?

I was wondering if anyone has used the gauges / instrument cluster off a newer truck for an alternative to replacement gauges? The ones that I as looking at were the 95-00 or 99-07 versions in full size gm trucks.

After going through the schematics of each it seems that the 95-00 ones are more straight forward similar to the original gauges where the senders are wired directly into the cluster, and the warning lights are analog triggers. The 99-07 did not appear to be friendly for an alternative application where everything is based off digital signals from various computer modules bcm, pcm, and so on.

I would prefer the appearance of the newer cluster but it seems that the only way to get that in is along with an ls swap, I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck retrofitting either into trucks of this era without major wiring headaches?

Yukon 400 is offline   Reply With Quote