The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

What Do You Call It?

While I was painting the inside of my '68 cab today, I wasn't satisfied with the lay of the paint on one section. I was out of paint, so I said, "That's good!"

Then, I got to thinking about looking at that small chunk of orange peel for the next six years or so, and I went back and mixed up a small batch.

Well, more isn't always the answer! After a "run-free" job, the part that bugged me got the first run. I don't know if it will lay down a little or not.

But it made me think.

There are show trucks. And there are daily drivers. But lots of us don't drive the truck every day. Nor do we think they are show material.

This truck with the run next to the empty radio hole (might have a small sticker on it of Alfred E. Neuman or something) should fit into some category.

I call it "Homer". Or "Money Pit". For now, it's turning into a rat-rod. Maybe that's a good enough category.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
McClinton527

Re: What Do You Call It?

Its a restored driver. best kind of car or truck. The damn things had runs factory in lots of different places. I found all kinds of them while doing my last build. As far as the run goes, You should fix it! If youve done some painting you know that runs happen and theres ways of fixing them. I do realize that buffing in that area is next to impossible but be the eternal optimist and make it happen! Itll drive you nuts until you do, I can promise you that. Good luck!
McClinton527 is offline   Reply With Quote