The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
knightowl73
TUKE-NoBullChit Customs owner

Exclamation any of you guys in Houston with ur own shop?

I recently had to move from LaMarque to Houston to my bro-in-laws house, trying to save some money to get my own house. Im used to working at my dads place to do almost anything, and i do have a few buddies with shops down there some 30 miles away, but thats just killin me in gas and lately i dont even have time to go out that far.
theres no garage here at this house and between both of us, not enough tools. there still just arent that many things i can do to my truck here. I was wondering if anyone needed help with some bodywork, sine thats what i do. truthfully im willing to help with any projects in exchange for a place with tools to work. I do clean up after myself too, my dad was 28 years in the navy so i was kinda trained to in his garage.

Real work would be nice to come across too if anyone is hiring for a bodyman.
OWNER @ NBC Customs...No Bull Chit....'92 GMC C2500 ECSB 350/TH400, '57 FORD SKYLINER (My dad's for now, but its really mine-you'll NEVER see a cooler car at 7 years old lol), '42 ford rat rod shop truck (new project), 91 CHRYSLER VOYER MINIVAN (shop van for now)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/nbc.customs

knightowl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
nbpro
Account Suspended

Re: any of you guys in Houston with ur own shop?

im feeling you on the no garage deal dude. we've done everything that we've done to our truck in the back yard or in the front parking lot of an apartment complex. this past week we moved it out to my aunt's house where we'll have plenty of room to work on it this winter. maybe someone from houston will help you out. there's a lot of great people on this site. ive had several help me with things. good luck man.

Last edited by nbpro; 11-19-2010 at 03:10 AM.
nbpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
knightowl73
TUKE-NoBullChit Customs owner

yes Im hoping so. Finishing the truck is taking so long now compared to when i could work on it everyday. Im sitting around bored alot more just thinking because i just dont have tohe right stuff to do things up in this area. i was supposed to cut off rear bumpstops for a week at least now, and its been damn near ready for paint for a month and i just want too finish it so i can start on the other 2 projects.
OWNER @ NBC Customs...No Bull Chit....'92 GMC C2500 ECSB 350/TH400, '57 FORD SKYLINER (My dad's for now, but its really mine-you'll NEVER see a cooler car at 7 years old lol), '42 ford rat rod shop truck (new project), 91 CHRYSLER VOYER MINIVAN (shop van for now)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/nbc.customs

knightowl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
babyJay
Arrived on a Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightowl73 View Post
yes Im hoping so. Finishing the truck is taking so long now compared to when i could work on it everyday. Im sitting around bored alot more just thinking because i just dont have tohe right stuff to do things up in this area. i was supposed to cut off rear bumpstops for a week at least now, and its been damn near ready for paint for a month and i just want too finish it so i can start on the other 2 projects.
I've got a nice 30x30 shop, tools out the wazoo, 60 gallon two stage compressor, etc, etc, and I sit around bored thinking "If I only had some money I could do this, or do that to these trucks."

I feel the pain though, I laid in gravel to swap trannies, drop transfer cases and such before we built the shop.
babyJay is offline   Reply With Quote